Senior Care Tips for COVID-19 in Greater Cleveland, GA
With the nation caught up in the grasp of a pandemic, senior care providers must focus on the health, and overall well-being of their elderly loved ones. The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) is learning more every day about the Coronavirus (COVID-19). One thing they have found is that it can spread through communities rapidly, causing severe illness and death.
Among the ways COVID-19 can spread are:
- Person-to-person, especially people within six feet of one another
- COVID-19 can be spread through the air from a cough or sneeze and can linger there for three hours
- The Coronavirus lasts for multiple hours or days on surfaces like copper (up to three hours), cardboard (up to 24-hours), and plastic and stainless steel (up to three days)
How Senior Care Can Keep Your Aging Loved One Safe During COVID-19 in Cleveland or the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels of Cleveland is one of the leading senior care providers in and around the Cleveland area. Our mission is simple; to provide services that help our elderly neighbors remain safe, healthy, and happy while living in the comfort of their own homes. We do this by providing a comprehensive selection of elderly care services that consider our clients' physical, mental, spiritual, and social needs.
As the CDC releases new information, we have been updating our senior care services to help protect our clients' overall well-being.
Among our best practices for helping seniors cope during this stressful time are:
- Ensuring family members are kept up to date on any changes in their loved one's health. This includes monitoring your loved one for symptoms of Coronavirus, including running a fever, dry cough, having trouble breathing, and chest pain.
- Providing our seniors the personal care services they continue to need, such as bathing, washing hands, grooming, dressing, and many others.
- Ensuring seniors can practice the recommended social distancing. We do this by letting them remain in their homes while our caregiver goes out and does the grocery shopping and picks up any prescriptions.
- Reminding seniors that if they need to cough or sneeze, they should do so by using their shoulder or tissue. Seniors should also avoid touching areas like their faces and especially their eyes.
- We provide light housekeeping services that include disinfecting any surface that could be potentially be harboring the virus. This includes countertops, floors, door handles, bathrooms, and many others.
To Learn More
If you are interested in learning more about our comprehensive range of senior care services and what we can do to keep your loved one safe from the Coronavirus (COVID-19), contact Visiting Angels of Cleveland today. We can schedule your free consultation with a senior advisor to discuss your loved one's needs and how our services can help.