Transitional Care in Defiance, OH to Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
If you’ve spent an extensive amount of time in the hospital, you know how patients can dream of returning home. Unfortunately, many people who are discharged from the hospital are swiftly readmitted. The statistics are especially high for seniors. According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS), almost 1 in 5 hospital patients are readmitted within thirty days of being discharged. The aim of our transitional care program at Visiting Angels® Northwest Ohio is to help seniors in Defiance, OH, Napoleon, and the surrounding communities to avoid complications that could lead to a hospital readmission.
Why Transitional Care: How Readmissions Occur
Several factors can lead to a patient being readmitted to the hospital. Our team at Visiting Angels Northwest Ohio has listed some of the most common causes of readmissions:
- Failure to follow-up with post-discharge appointments
- Exhaustion from a disruption sleep schedules in the hospital
- Issues with taking important medications appropriately
- Challenges with following discharge instructions
- Problems coping with an illness or disease at home
How Transitional Care Limits Hospital Readmissions
Our three-pronged approach to transitional care aims to reduce the risk of hospital readmissions for seniors in Defiance, OH. Here are the steps Visiting Angels Northwest Ohio will take to help your loved one continue to age in place in the familiarity and comfort of their own homes:
- We believe that transitional care begins in the hospital. We’ll work with the hospital discharge planner at your loved one’s hospital in Defiance, OH to map out his or her transitional care requirements. In addition, we’ll provide your loved one with our discharge planning guide, called “Ready-Set-Go Home,” to ensure that he or she has as much information as possible about what to expect.
- We provide helpful in-home transitional care. Our compassionate caregivers in Defiance, OH will give your loved one support and assistance following their hospital discharge. We’ll also monitor your loved one to ensure that any warning signs are immediately reported.
- Our office in Defiance, OH offers additional support. At Visiting Angels Northwest Ohio, our office staff provides support for our transitional care services through the use of specialized tools and resources to help us monitor high-risk seniors.
Could your loved one in Defiance, OH benefit from supportive transitional care following a hospital discharge? Contact Visiting Angels Northwest Ohio today to learn more about our transitional care services for seniors in Defiance, OH, Napoleon, and the surrounding communities.
Serving Northwest Ohio in Fulton, Defiance, Henry and Williams Counties
Visiting Angels NORTHWEST OHIO143 N Michigan Ave
Edgerton, OH 43517