Dementia Care in Daytona Beach: Early Signs of Dementia
As a local expert in the field of dementia care in the Daytona Beach area, Visiting Angels® Palm Coast FL is familiar with the ins and outs of the disease. Dementia is a general term which describes a progressive decline in cognitive function. This decline can affect a senior's ability to complete daily tasks and care for themselves. When families suspect a loved one may have dementia, it is important to speak to their physician and seek help early. Visiting Angels Palm Coast can connect your loved one with a dementia care professional from our nurse registry in Daytona Beach. A knowledgeable caregiver can help keep your loved one safe at home while providing your family with peace of mind.
Signs to Watch Out For
Visiting Angels Palm Coast has put together a list of the most common signs of dementia. Caregivers from our network frequently see the following warning signs when working with seniors:
- Difficulty completing the activities of daily living such as preparing a meal, getting dressed, or finding their way back home
- Asking the same question over and over due to inability to retain new information or recall recent events
- Language issues may be present, such as struggling to follow a conversation, forgetting words, or using words incorrectly
- Declining spatial skills such as judging distance or direction which may be more obvious when driving
- Seniors living with dementia may show poor judgment regarding clothing choices, personal hygiene, or money
- Forgetting where they are or how they got there is a red flag for some seniors
- People with dementia may be socially withdrawn or lose interest in their favorite activities
- Difficulty with numbers such as balancing the checkbook, or general lack of concentration, is apparent in some seniors
- Dementia often causes seniors to have sudden mood swings such as anger, depression, or paranoia for no apparent reason
- While misplacing items is not in itself uncommon, seniors with dementia may place objects in unusual spots and be unable to find them later
The Importance of Dementia Care for Seniors in Daytona Beach
Dementia care referrals from Visiting Angels Palm Coast are an important resource for seniors throughout Daytona Beach, Ormond Beach, Port Orange, Edgewater, Holly Hill, Saint Augustine, and the surrounding communities. Caregivers can monitor your loved one and help with daily activities. Elder care professionals can also provide wandering prevention to keep your loved one safe.
Call Visiting Angels Palm Coast today to learn more about our dementia care referrals for local seniors in Daytona Beach.