How Transitional Care in Palm Coast Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
If you have a parent or loved one who has been admitted to the hospital, your focus is likely on getting them better so they can return home. However, for approximately 1 in 5 Medicare recipients discharge is only temporary. Over 2.5 million seniors per year are readmitted to the hospital within 30 days after discharge. Ready-Set-Go-Home care, more commonly known as transitional care, from Visiting Angels® Palm Coast can help your loved one avoid the expense of hospital readmission.
Transitional care from Visiting Angels Palm Coast has been an important resource for countless seniors and disabled adults throughout Saint Augustine, Ormond Beach, Port Orange, Edgewater, Holly Hill, and the surrounding communities in St Johns, Flagler and Volusia Counties. Through our nurse registry, referred professionals assist seniors with discharge planning as well as non-medical aftercare at home. Our compassionate senior care professionals are dedicated to helping seniors have a successful recovery at home. If your loved one has been, or will soon be, hospitalized, consider transitional care services from Visiting Angels Palm Coast.
Common Causes of Readmission
Families sometimes ask Visiting Angels Palm Coast how our transitional care can help their loved one avoid readmission. To better understand how we help, you must first consider the factors which contribute to hospital readmission. There are many reasons why a senior or disabled adult may have trouble continuing their recovery at home. For instance:
- Exhaustion due to disrupted sleeping and eating schedules while inpatient
- Limited mobility or physical restrictions which contribute to falls
- Missed medication doses or improper use of medications
- Trouble managing an injury or illness on your own
- Inability to get to follow-up appointments or therapies
- Failure to follow physician discharge instructions
How Visiting Angels Palm Coast can Help
Transitional care from Visiting Angels Palm Coast can assist your loved one with the transition back home, helping them to avoid hospital readmission. Your loved one's knowledgeable transitional care professional from Visiting Angels Palm Coast will be able to assist them by:
- Providing your loved one with a copy of our discharge planning guide
- Speaking with the hospital discharge planner to coordinate care
- Assisting with transportation to follow-up appointments
- Providing medication monitoring and reminders
- Helping your loved one follow a physician prescribed meal plan
- Offering mobility assistance such as walking, toileting, and dressing
If your loved one is dealing with an inpatient hospital stay, call Visiting Angels Palm Coast today and ask about our transitional care services.
Serving St. Johns, Volusia and Flagler Counties, Florida
Visiting Angels Palm Coast, Florida185 Cypress Point Pkwy #5
Palm Coast, FL 32164
904-825-1119 (St. Johns)
Daytona Beach FL 32119
Phone: 386-252-3777 (Volusia)
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.