Important Senior Care Wellness Tips for Dallas, TX During the COVID-19 Crisis
Here’s how our home care agency is helping seniors in Dallas, TX and surrounding areas during the COVID-19 outbreak
During the outbreak of coronavirus, focusing on the health of your aging loved one in Dallas, TX is more important than ever. As you probably know, seniors are at higher risk for severe disease and death caused by the virus than younger people. This is why maintaining your loved one’s health is crucial. At Visiting Angels Dallas, we offer exceptional in-home senior care services to older adults in Dallas and surrounding areas. All of our services are designed to ensure the safety, well-being and happiness of our clients.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there are three ways this disease can spread:
- Through Person-to-Person – A person with this disease can easily infect people through touch, sneezes and coughs.
- Through Surfaces – It has been proved that this virus stays on some surfaces longer than on others. For example, it lasts for a couple of hours on copper, but it can last for three days on plastic or stainless steel.
- Through the Air - it can stay for up to three hours in the air.
How Visiting Angels Dallas Can Help Aging Adults in Dallas, TX and Surrounding Areas Stay Safe and Healthy at Home
Our home care agency has always strived to ensure the health, happiness, safety, and independence of our clients. We have managed to do so through our high-quality home care services. Our skilled caregivers are trained to assist seniors with a wide range of activities, from meal preparation to light housekeeping.
While following guidelines from the CDC, Visiting Angels Dallas has come up with useful practices for maintaining health of our clients.
- Know the symptoms: It is important that all seniors are informed about the most common symptoms of the disease, such as fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chest pain and confusion.
- Personal care: Maintaining personal hygiene is extremely important, and our care providers can assist seniors with bathing, washing hands, brushing teeth, changing clothes and more.
- Practice social distancing: We can run errands for your loved one and go grocery shopping, so your parent doesn’t have to live their home during Dallas County’s stay-at-home order.
- Stay mindful: Sneezing into the crook of the elbow or into a tissue is important during this period.
- Maintain a clean home: Our home care agency offers light housekeeping services to ensure that your loved one lives in a disinfected home.
How Else Can Caregivers from Visiting Angels Dallas Keep Seniors Safe?
At our home care agency, we offer a wide variety of other in-home senior care services as well. We even offer Alzheimer’s and dementia care, end of life care, social care and other essential personal care options to those with specialized needs.
If you wish to learn more about our services and the ways we can help during the COVID-19 crisis, please contact our office in Dallas, TX today.