Medication Reminders in Wayne, NJ and the Surrounding Area
Have you had a loved one who has needed care from our caring caregivers recently? Then, you may have yet to realize that Visiting Angels is also an option for seniors. Visiting Angels provides the same high-quality care for seniors as we do with our other clients. That way, your loved one can enjoy more time at home without the worry and stress that accompany a new caregiver.
Our caregivers can provide medication reminders for your loved one. With this option, our caregivers can remind seniors to take pills and other medications that family members or home care providers have already organized. This can help seniors as they adjust to a new medication schedule.
Why Medication Reminders Are Important for Seniors
There are many reasons medication reminders are essential for seniors. For starters, seniors may have been taking the same or similar medications for a long time. Keeping track of these medications can be tedious. It is stressful for families to remember what medications to take and when. If a family member forgets to take a set of pills, the elderly may not be aware that their medication must be taken.
Our caregivers can help by providing medication reminders. This includes:
- Giving a verbal reminder that it is time to take medication
- Setting a timer so that your loved one knows when it is time to take medications
- Making sure instructions for medications are followed, such as taking them with food or a full glass of water
- Tracking the dates and times that each medication was taken, so that family members know that it was done
- Monitoring for any side effects or symptoms when new medications are introduced
- Watching seniors take their medication to make sure it is done successfully
In most cases, taking medications correctly and consistently is essential to the medicine's effectiveness. If your loved one forgets a blood pressure medication, it can seriously affect their health.
Assistance from Professional Caregivers at Visiting Angels Wayne
Medication reminders are just one piece of the home care services Visiting Angels Wayne can provide.
While in the home, our caregivers can also assist with the following:
- Grocery shopping, errands, and meal preparation
- Personal hygiene, like showering, getting on and off the toilet, and getting dressed
- Light household chores such as taking out the trash and washing linens or bath towels
Tailor your care to meet the unique needs of your loved one. If you or a family member need help with medication reminders, contact us today for more information.
Contact Visiting Angels Wayne to Learn More
We'd love to learn more about you and the home care services you need. One of our local case managers will be happy to tell you more about Visiting Angels Wayne and how we can provide quality care to seniors in Wayne and the surrounding areas.
Serving Passaic & Bergen Counties including Wayne, Passaic, Clifton, and nearby Cities
Visiting Angels WAYNE, NJ2190 Hamburg Turnpike #A
Wayne, NJ 07470