Important Senior Care Wellness Tips for Greater Pikesville
Staying informed is an important part of the fight against COVID-19. At Visiting Angels of Pikesville, our senior care professionals are here to connect you with information about COVID-19 from reliable sources such as the CDC, or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the professionals at Visiting Angels.
How Visiting Angels Can Help Pikesville Seniors Avoid COVID-19
Through every circumstance, our goal remains the same: to help Pikesville seniors maintain their health and wellness at home through senior care. We assist our caregivers by performing different household tasks including housekeeping and laundry help. To best help our clients, our senior care agency has developed a series of wellness tips.
- Maintain personal care: Establishing good hygiene habits helps prevent illness, including COVID-19. One of our caregivers can help your loved one perform personal care tasks such as washing hands, brushing teeth, and changing clothes.
- Know the symptoms: All our caregivers are aware of COVID-19 symptoms: fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chest pain, and confusion.
- Practice social distancing: Social distancing is an important way to help prevent contracting the virus, including those who are high-risk like the elderly. People within six feet of each other can spread the illness to each other, according to the CDC. To continue practicing social distancing, our caregivers can perform tasks such as picking up essentials from the grocery store.
- Be mindful of your habits: If you need to sneeze or cough, it’s best to do it in the crook of your elbow or into a tissue. The CDC states that COVID-19 can last for up to three hours in the air. Also, it’s important to avoid touching your face with unwashed hands. Our caregivers can remind Pikesville seniors to incorporate these healthy habits into their daily routines.
- Maintain a healthy home: According to the CDC, COVID-19 can live on surfaces for up to three days. One of our caregivers can step in to ensure the home stays disinfected.
How Else Can Our Caregivers Keep Pikesville Seniors Safe?
Our dedication towards the health and wellness of Pikesville’s senior community doesn’t just lie in day-to-day tasks, but long-term care as well. Visiting Angels of Pikesville offers personalized senior care services to cater to a senior’s unique health and wellness needs. Some of the specialized care offered include dementia care, personal care, and end of life care.
Have any questions about how Visiting Angels of Pikesville can help your family? Our offices are just a phone call away.