In-Home Care Assistance for Elderly Veterans in Western Massachusetts
Visiting Angels of the Berkshires is an authorized VA provider!
The Department of Veteran’s Affairs has a special program called "Homemaker and Home Health Aide Program" and Visiting Angels of the Berkshires has been a proud provider for this Homemaker and Home Health Aide program since 2016.
The Homemaker and Home Health Aide program is only for the Veteran. Under this program, Visiting Angels can help with services such as: Showering/bathing and dressing, Preparing Meals, Light housekeeping, Laundry etc.
The VA (Leeds MA) approves all Veterans for this program and the VA determines the hours of service. The services are paid by the VA.
How to get approved for this Program?
- Register with a VA clinic. Find your closest locations here: https://www.centralwesternmass.va.gov/locations/pittsfield.asp
- See a VA Doctor.
- Ask the VA Doctor to recommend you for the Homemaker and Respite Program. You may want to print out this page on your computer and take it with you: https://www.va.gov/GERIATRICS/pages/Homemaker_and_Home_Health_Aide_Care.asp
- Once you are approved, ask for Visiting Angels of the Berkshires as your Provider.
- The VA will then fax us the authorization and Visiting Angels will contact you to get started with the care.
Other Available Veteran Benefits
If your senior loved one is a U.S. Military Veteran and is receiving – or is eligible to receive – a veteran’s pension, they may also qualify for additional monetary benefits.
Aid and Attendance - How to get approved for this Program?
- The VA approves the Veteran or their Spouse for this Aid and Attendance program. The Aid and Attendance program ( https://www.va.gov/pension/aid-attendance-housebound/ ) is for the Veteran or their Spouse. Call Visiting Angels to learn more (413-344-9281) and we can help you get the benefits that are in place to keep you or loved one in the home you are familiar with and comfortable being in.
Serving Pittsfield, the Berkshires and Surrounding Communities
Visiting Angels PITTSFIELD, MA197 South St Bldg A
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated.The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.