Alzheimer's Care in Raynham, MA and Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels Raynham, MA mission is simple and that is to bring quality improvement into the lives of people with Alzheimer’s and their family with our Alzheimer's care providers.
Dealing with Alzheimer’s disease is an everyday reality of millions of individuals across the nation. It’s a fatal brain disease that affects different cognitive abilities including thinking and reasoning. The disease also causes a slow decline in memory. Being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s can be a shock not just for the individual dealing with the disease, but for the entire family of the individual as well. But, it’s important to know that there are steps that you and your loved one can take to make it through the diagnosis.
Being proactive is important with Alzheimer's care. The sooner you witness the warning signs, the sooner your loved one gets diagnosed, and the sooner your loved one can receive an in-home care provider. Currently, there isn’t a cure for Alzheimer’s, but there are methods that our Alzheimer's care providers offer and medications that your loved one can take in order to improve their quality of life.
Be sure to know these 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer's:
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Confusion about time or place
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Difficulty completing tasks at home or at work
- Trouble understanding visual images or spatial relationships
- Decreased or poor judgment when making decisions
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in mood or personality
- New problems with words speaking or writing
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
It’s important to understand that Alzheimer’s disease is not a normal part of the aging process. A person might experience some of these warning signs over time at different degrees, but when someone has Alzheimer’s these symptoms get worse and more significant as time passes.
Here are a couple of steps that you should utilize if someone you love gets diagnosed with Alzheimer's:
- Educate yourself about the disease
- Take care of financial, legal, and long-term care planning issues
- Employ cognitive stimulation
- Arrange respite and/or regular in-home supportive services
- Build a support system
We assure you that our care services are customized to each client, depending on their routine, personality, and symptoms. If you or someone that you love has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, it’s important to know that you’re not alone. For more information or to explore your options for an in-home care provider, call Visiting Angels at 774-501-3861 or here to learn more about Alzheimer's care here.
Serving Abington, Avon, Berkley, Bridgewater, Brockton, Dighton, Halifax, Hanson, Holbrook, Middleborough, Plympton, Randolph, Raynham, Rockland, Taunton, Whitman, and Neighboring Towns
Visiting Angels RAYNHAM, MA473 S St W Suite #18
Raynham, MA 02767