How Transitional Care in Riverside CA Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
According to information from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, an average of 1 in 5 Medicare benificiaries will be readmitted to the hospital within their first 30 days following discharge. This is not only disheartening, it can be costly for affected families. It is only natural to focus on discharge when a loved one is admitted to the hospital. However, it is important to plan for the next phase of recovery which occurs after a loved one is back at home. Visiting Angels® in Riverside County CA cares for seniors and disabled adults by providing transitional care at home.
Transitional care is the link between inpatient care and recovery in the Riverside CA area. It is believed that many cases of hospital readmission are due to an inability to follow discharge instructions. Care from Visiting Angels in Riverside County can help a loved one follow hospital discharge instructions so they can continue on the path to wellness.
Do I Need Transitional Care in Riverside CA?
Families are sometimes unsure if transitional care from Visiting Angels in Riverside County CA would be a good fit for their loved ones. If you are uncertain, try asking yourself the following questions:
- Does a loved one live alone at home?
- Is going to follow-up therapy or appointments going to be a challenge?
- Will a loved one be asked to follow a prescribed meal plan?
- Is a loved one going to need assistance with mobility?
- Will a loved one be learning to manage a new diagnosis?
- Is a loved one likely to need medication reminders?
- Would my family have peace of mind knowing a professional caregiver is there to help?
If you have answered "yes" to any of these, there is a chance transitional care in a loved one's Riverside CA home can help.
How Visiting Angels in Riverside County Helps
You may be pleasantly surprised to learn about the many ways transitional care in Riverside CA can help a loved one. While services will be based on a loved one's particular needs, some of the most common services from Visiting Angels in Riverside County include:
- Medicationmonitoring and reminders
- Help with light housekeeping tasks
- Rides to therapy or follow-up visits
- Aid for mobility and toileting
- Dignified dressing and bathing
- Help preparing healthy meals
- Walking and transferring assistance
- Light housecleaning tasks
Contact Visiting Angels in Riverside County CA right away and ask about our transitional care services and how they can help a loved one avoid hospital readmission.
Serving Riverside, Corona, CA and Surrounding Communities
Visiting Angels RIVERSIDE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA8175 Limonite Ave #A-2 & A-3
Riverside, CA 92509