Dementia Care in Citrus Heights
Tips for Caring for Your Loved One
Has your senior parent been diagnosed with dementia? Are you looking for ways to help them live safely in their Citrus Heights area home? At Visiting Angels® Sacramento, we understand the challenges that come with providing dementia care and would like to share three tips that can help both you and your loved one.
- Avoid open-ended questions. Dementia can make open-ended questions confusing. Instead, ask questions that can be answered with a “yes” or “no.” For instance, instead of “what would you like for breakfast?” try “would you like scrambled eggs for breakfast?”.
- Prioritize physical activity. Exercise increases blood flow to the brain, and multiple studies have shown being active can slow down brain aging. Encourage your loved one, with their doctor’s approval, to stay active. Walking, swimming, yoga, and gardening are all popular activities for seniors.
- Increase support as needed. As your loved one’s dementia symptoms progress, they will require more care. In turn, you’ll need more help. For seniors in Citrus Heights, dementia care from Visiting Angels Sacramento is a wonderful option. It provides physical assistance and emotional support to seniors living with dementia and is a source of reliable respite for family caregivers.
About Our Dementia Care Services in Citrus Heights
Dementia care from Visiting Angels Sacramento can assist your loved one in a variety of ways, including:
- Reminders to take medications, drink fluids, and stay active
- Transportation to appointments and shopping
- Help with bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Mobility assistance and fall prevention
- Preparing healthy meals and snacks
- Respite care for family caregivers
- Calming companionship that can ease anxiety and stress
These services are just a small sampling of how we can help. We also offer transitional care, social care, palliative care, end of life care, private duty care, and companion care.
Getting Started with Visiting Angels Sacramento
Whether your loved one is in the late stages of dementia or has been newly diagnosed, dementia care from Visiting Angels Sacramento is always the perfect fit, thanks to our customized care plans.
Call us today to schedule your free in-home consultation in the Citrus Heights area. A care coordinator from our team will visit to get to know your loved one, learn about their care needs and answer questions. From there, we’ll create your loved one’s care plan from scratch to ensure they receive the support they need when they need it.
Visiting Angels Sacramento proudly serves seniors in Citrus Heights, Carmichael, Rancho Cordova, Roseville, Gold River, Orangevale, Fair Oaks, and the surrounding areas.
Ready to learn more about dementia care in Citrus Heights? Call Visiting Angels Sacramento today to schedule your free consultation. We look forward to meeting you!
Serving Sacramento, Carmichael, Citrus Heights, Fair Oaks, Gold River, Orangevale, Roseville, CA
Visiting Angels SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA3808 Auburn Blvd #52
Sacramento, CA 95821