Alzheimer's Care in San Angelo: When is it Time?
Whether someone you care about has just been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, or you've long suspected that their memory was starting to slip, if you're considering professional Alzheimer's care for your loved one, Visiting Angels® San Angelo is here to advise you and work with you to create a personalized care plan. Perhaps most importantly at this stage, our care professionals can also help you figure out if it's time to commit to this specialized home care.
Questions to Ask About Your Relatives with Alzheimer's Disease
If you're unsure whether you should call a local Alzheimer's care provider to help look after your loved one in the San Angelo area, you can use these questions to help you make your decision:
- Are you worried about your loved one remaining at home?
- If you're a family caregiver, are you comfortable with the level of care you provide, or do you worry it isn't enough?
- Does your loved one seem healthy, well-fed, and happy?
- Is your loved one maintaining the same level of personal hygiene as usual?
- Are they keeping up with everyday tasks including bill payments and cleaning?
- Is your family member still active within their community or are they more withdrawn?
- Have you noticed any changes in your loved one's appearance or behavior that could impact their health?
- Is your loved one keeping up with their doctor's appointments and medical prescriptions?
- Has your relative ever gotten lost or confused when they left their home?
- Does your loved one have any mobility issues that make it harder to perform the basic tasks they need to at home?
Our Alzheimer's Care Services for Seniors in San Angelo
If, after answering these questions, you have reason to believe that your loved one might need more support to live a fuller, happier life, consider contacting an Alzheimer's care provider. Our care professionals at Visiting Angels San Angelo can assist with basic chores, provide companionship and a sense of stability, and remind your loved one about their medications, appointments, and other important commitments.
Call Visiting Angels San Angelo today at (325) 716-1803 to learn more about our Alzheimer's care, or to book a free in-home consultation for your family member in San Angelo, Paint Rock, Miles, Brownwood, Early, Mertzon, or Ballinger. We can address all of your questions and develop a personalized care plan just for your loved one.