Important Wellness Tips for Seniors in San Rafael, CA and Surrounding Areas During the COVID-19 Crisis
By offering quality in-home care for seniors, Visiting Angels is helping older adults in San Rafael, Mill Valley, Belvedere, Novato, Greenbrae, San Anselmo, Muir Beach and surrounding California communities stay safe and well during the COVID-19 outbreak. Here’s how we can help your loved one
Whether you are your aging loved one’s primary caregiver or they are still strong and vital enough to look after themselves, ensuring their well-being is more important than ever. Unfortunately, COVID-19 has rapidly spread all over the world, and seniors are at higher risk for severe complications than younger adults. Although all the facts about this virus are still unknown, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has announced that it can be spread in several ways – through touch, sneezes, and coughs, through surfaces and through the air.
If you are worried about your parent’s health, it is important to keep in mind that Visiting Angels San Rafael is here for you during these hard times as well. With our in-home care for seniors, we can boost your loved one’s wellness and help them fight off coronavirus.
How In-Home Care for Seniors from Visiting Angels Can Help Aging Adults in San Rafael, CA and Surrounding Areas Stay Well During the Outbreak
At Visiting Angels San Rafael, we have always been dedicated to delivering exceptional care to our clients. Our services are designed to ensure the happiness, wellness and safety of older adults in our care. Through various services such as meal preparation, transportation and light housekeeping, we help seniors age comfortably at home.
In this time of need with the guidance from CDC, we have come up with the best practices for ensuring the wellness of older adults:
- Know the symptoms: Coronavirus causes fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chest pain and confusion.
- Personal care: It is important to maintain personal hygiene during the outbreak. Our caregivers can help your loved one with bathing, washing hands, brushing teeth, changing clothes, and more.
- Practice social distancing: Since your loved one should stay at home during the crisis (especially as California is under a shelter in place order), our caregivers can go shopping instead of them and help them stock up on essentials.
- Stay mindful: During the COVID-19 outbreak, it is important to remember to sneeze or cough into the crook of the elbow or into a tissue.
- Maintain a clean home: Our caregivers can disinfect your parent’s home to ensure their well-being.
How Else Can Caregivers from Visiting Angels San Rafael Keep Seniors Safe?
Whether your parent needs transportation to doctor’s appointments, meal preparation, mobility assistance or help with other daily tasks, you can count on Visiting Angels San Rafael. If you wish to learn more about our in-home care for seniors, please contact our office in San Rafael, CA at 415-233-9564.