HCA Training for Visiting Angels Caregivers
Learn how Visiting Angels prepares caregivers in Marin County, CA for Home Care Aide (HCA) certification
At Visiting Angels San Rafael, we are proud of the extensive training that we provide our caregivers in Marin County. Our caregivers are required to obtain a Home Care Aide (HCA) certification. This certification includes the following requirements:
In accordance with California State law these requirements must be met by every home care aide that is employed by us. These requirements must be completed before the HCA is placed in “Active” status for employment.
- Collins Learning – These classes must be completed by every HCA including those who are affiliating an existing HCA number with our organization.
- First Aid – The Basics and Beyond
- Fire Safety – Disaster and Severe Weather Procedures
- Infection Control – Blood borne pathogens exposure control and hand washing
- Company Training - Company orientation, operating procedures, abuse and safety training and communication requirements
- Defensive Driver course - All employed drivers must complete a thirty minute on-line Driver Training Program. The course covers all aspects of safe driving practices, defensive driving behavior and general automotive safety.
Post Employment Training
In accordance with California State law, these requirements must be met by every HCA on an annual basis. We have available online classes that are free of charge to our employees. These classes are related to core competencies and population specifics.
Training will include but is not limited to the following topics:
- Client rights and safety
- How to provide for and respond to a client’s daily living needs
- How to report, prevent and detect abuse and neglect
- How to assist a client with personal needs and other home care services
- How to safely transport a client
- Death and Dying perspectives
- Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Fall control and management
- Sensitivity Training
There are also periodic classes taught by our partners in the Care Continuum that relate to their specific fields of expertise. These classes may include:
- Transfer Skills
- Hoyer Lift Training
- End of Life Care
- Bathing and Personal Care
Join our caregiver team today: Employment Opportunities
Learn more about our dementia training program: Dementia Caregiver Training
Serving Marin County and throughout the North Bay Region, including San Rafael, Belvedere, Fairfax, Novato and surrounding areas
Visiting Angels SAN RAFAEL, CALIFORNIA77 Mark Dr #12
San Rafael, CA 94903