Senior Wellness Tips for Maintaining Your Loved One’s Well-Being During the COVID-19 Crisis from Visiting Angels San Ramon
Learn how senior care services from Visiting Angels can help older adults in San Ramon, Concord, Danville, Pleasanton, Lafayette, Walnut Creek, Orinda and surrounding areas in California stay safe and well during the coronavirus outbreak
Local families in San Ramon and the surrounding communities in California have always taken good care of seniors in our community and now it is more important than ever that all of us do everything we can to protect the elderly amid the global COVID-19 pandemic. At Visiting Angels San Ramon, our senior care services are here to help your family keep your aging loved ones safe.
Coronavirus, or COVID-19, is a new virus and there is still much to learn about it. As of now, we know that it can spread in three ways – from person to person, through surfaces, and via air. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), here is what we need to know to protect ourselves and everyone around us:
- The virus can spread from one person to another if they are within 6 feet of each other. It can spread via touch, sneeze and cough.
- The virus can last on surfaces like copper for several hours, on cardboard for up to 24 hours and on plastic and stainless steel up to 72 hours.
- The virus is airborne and it lasts in the air for up to three hours.
Our Home Care Agency Is Here to Help Protect Seniors in San Ramon and Surrounding Areas from COVID-19 by Boosting Their Well-Being
At Visiting Angels San Ramon, our senior care services are developed with one goal – to keep seniors active, happy, healthy, and independent so they could make the most out of their golden years. We are committed to this mission at all times, so with the guidance from the CDC, we have developed the best practices for keeping seniors safe during the coronavirus crisis:
- Know how to recognize the symptoms: fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chest pain, confusion.
- Maintain good personal care: a caregiver can provide personal senior care services like assistance with bathing, washing hands, brushing teeth, changing clothes, and more.
- Keep your distance: practicing social distancing is a must during California’s shelter in place order, so seniors need to remain at home as much as possible. Our caregivers can shop for groceries and run other errands so your loved one would stay safe at home.
- Be mindful: seniors need to remember to sneeze or cough in a tissue or, alternatively, in the crook of their elbow. They should avoid touching their face and eyes as well.
- Cleaning the home: our caregivers can assist with housekeeping chores and make sure all areas are disinfected.
What Else Can Visiting Angels San Ramon Do to Help Seniors?
In addition to following our best practices for boosting senior wellness, our caregivers can provide a range of other senior care services, like meal preparation, mobility assistance, medication reminders, transportation and others. We offer Alzheimer’s care, dementia care, end of life care, fall prevention and other specialized services, too.
Call our San Ramon, CA office today at 925-243-7726 to schedule your free consultation and get started with our services!