Visiting Angels Sarasota: What is Home Care Assistance?
At Visiting Angels® Sarasota, we understand that for many home care assistance is a new concept. Our team can walk you through every step of the process to make sure you understand exactly how home care assistance referrals work, what services can be provided, and how our caregiver referrals can meet your needs. It is this commitment to service that has made us a leader among Sarasota, Bradenton, Long Boat Key and Siesta Key, FL home care assistance referral agencies.
How Home Care Assistance Referrals Can Help
It can be overwhelming when you begin to look for a caregiver for your loved one. What kind of help do they need? How often should the caregiver visit? Would visits be better in the morning, evening, or do you need around the clock care? The questions can seem endless. It's why, at Visiting Angels Sarasota, we begin our home care assistance referral process with a consultation meeting.
We'll come to your loved one's home to begin the discussion of needs and preferences. Some of the topics we'll cover include:
- How many days per week would you like a caregiver to visit?
- How long would you like caregiver visits to last?
- Do you need around the clock or live in care?
- Are you anticipating a long term care relationship or are you looking to meet a short term care need?
- Do you have a budget you'd like to work within?
- Are there family caregivers who will be sharing the caregiving responsibilities?
All of these questions, and more, can help us to understand they type of care your loved one needs.
Of course, some of the most important questions we'll ask are about the services your loved one needs. The caregivers in our nurse registry network can provide assistance with a wide range of tasks and activities. Some of the most common types of home care assistance they provide include:
- Housekeeping tasks like changing linens, washing dishes, and doing laundry
- Meal planning and preparation
- Grocery shopping and running errands
- Transportation to appointments
- Medication reminders
- Transferring assistance
- Walking assistance and fall prevention
Once we have an idea of the type of care you're looking for, we'll go through the caregivers in our referral network to find several we believe to be a good fit. You'll have the opportunity to meet these caregivers and choose the one you feel will work best with your family. If at any time, you'd like to work with another caregiver, just let us know and we'll find more candidates for you.
Getting started with home care assistance is easy when you call Visiting Angels Sarasota for caregiver referrals.
Serving Sarasota, Siesta Key, St Armand's Key & the Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels SARASOTA, FL950 S Tamiami Trail #205
Sarasota, FL 34236