Seniors in Centerville, OH and the Surrounding Area Receive Help in Avoiding Hospital Readmission with Home Health Aides from Visiting Angels
Ready-Set-Go Home with Home Health Aides in Centerville, Dayton, Xenia, Springboro, Miamisburg, and Nearby Cities
At Visiting Angels of South Dayton, our home health aides provide seniors in Middletown, Beavercreek, Centerville, Kettering, Springboro, and the surrounding Dayton, OH communities with resources and tools that help them avoid hospital readmission. While no one wants to spend longer at a hospital than they need to, according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, almost one-fifth of seniors released from the hospital are readmitted in the next 30 days. With our transitional care services, home health aides provide care and support that addresses the specific causes of hospital readmission for seniors in Ohio, helping seniors stay at home after a hospital visit.
What Causes Readmission
While what causes hospital readmission can vary widely, some of the main reasons include:
- Mismanaging medication
- Exhaustion due to a disrupted eating and sleeping schedule at the hospital
- Not following through with discharge instructions
- Missing follow-up appointments
- Not being able to manage an illness or disease at home
How Our Transitional Care Helps Seniors in the Centerville area
At Visiting Angels, our transitional care program uses a three-prong approach to address the issues that cause hospital readmission. This approach includes:
- At the Hospital. Once we’ve learned that one of our clients has been hospitalized, we visit them at their loved one’s request. During this visit, we provide a copy of our “Ready – Set – Go Home” discharge planning guide. This guide helps prompt our clients to ask pertinent questions about issues related to readmission, including dates and times of follow-up appointments, dietary needs, medication required, and symptoms to report.
- At Home. When providing transitional care to seniors, our home health aides at Visiting Angels of South Dayton act as the “eyes and ears” in the home. We can help provide insight into why a client may have missed an appointment or why they haven’t been taking the right medication. The caregivers can then share this information with case managers or supervisors to make sure these issues are addressed.
- At Our Office. At our office, our transitional care services help make sure seniors in the area have the services they need to live safely and comfortably. We can provide medication reminders, accompaniment to appointments, and can arrange medication and food deliveries.
Learn More Today
To help your loved one avoid the risk of hospital readmission, call Visiting Angels of South Dayton at 937-813-6568 today to learn more about our home health aides and transitional care services. Our staff can answer any of your questions about our Ready-Set-Go Home program or about any of our other services. They can also schedule a free, in-home assessment (or wherever your loved one is currently residing) to discuss care plans, logistics, schedules, and more to help you get started with our services.
Serving Centerville, Xenia, Springboro, Miamisburg and the surrounding Dayton Communities
Visiting Angels South Dayton, OH4 W Franklin St
Centerville, OH 45459
Phone: (937) 813-6568
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.