Home Care Services in San Marco
It’s understandable you may not have the time to provide the kind of attention and care your aging loved one needs. This doesn’t mean they can’t continue to live safely at home. Our trusted home care services in San Marco can help keep your family member safe by preventing falls in the first place.
Everyone has a story of an aging loved one or friend who took a spill, maybe broke a hip, and then went on a rapid decline that led to their passing. Falling is a real fear for seniors and their family members, and this fear is not based in myth. According to the CDC, the majority of all fatal and non-fatal injuries amongst seniors are due to falls. No wonder we’re scared.
At Visiting Angels® Jacksonville, we recommend taking the following first steps toward fall prevention:
- Visit your loved one’s doctor. Ask them to make a thorough medical assessment of their fall risk, including medications that might pose problems with balance or alertness.
- Encourage your loved one to keep their leg and arm muscles strong. Even if they have to begin from a sitting position using resistance bands, it’s important to maintain some muscle strength.
- Schedule a no-cost consultation for home care services and a free fall-risk assessment with one of our San Marco area team members.
At Visiting Angels Jacksonville, all our home care services are fully customized to meet your loved one’s unique circumstances. When designing your services, fall prevention is always our top consideration. Our Slow and Steady fall prevention program is fully integrated with all our in-home services.
Some ways we can help prevent falls are:
- Elderly companion care tasks that require light lifting, stair climbing, bending, and squeezing into tight spaces.
- Personal care assistance with potentially dangerous bathing, grooming, and dressing situations.
- Safe transportation, vehicle entering and walking assistance to doctor’s appointments, social visits, or errands.
- Medication administration and reminders.
- Reminders to eat and drink healthy amounts of water.
Home Care Services That Are Local
Many clients are surprised to learn that we are a locally owned and operated in-home care provider. The benefits of having a local team means we are always able to get to your loved one quickly, even on very short notice. Our service area extends to the following nearby neighborhoods:
- San Marco
- San Jose
- St. Johns
- Julington Creek
- Green Cove Springs
- And the surrounding area
Schedule Your Free Consultation in San Marco Today
If you’d like to learn more about how our home care services in San Marco can help keep your loved one safe from falling, or to schedule a no-cost consultation and fall-risk assessment, please reach out to Visiting Angels Jacksonville today.
Serving Jacksonville, St. Augustine and Communities in Duval, St. Johns and Clay Counties
Visiting Angels JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA3733 University Blvd W #212
Jacksonville, FL 32217