The Difference Between In-Home Care Agencies and Home Health Care Agencies in Greater Springfield, MO
Visiting Angels Explains the Difference Between In-Home Care Agencies and Home Health Care Agencies in Springfield, Nixa, Ozark, and Surrounding Areas
The biggest difference between senior care providers and home health care agencies is the level of medical care administered by the caregiver. Home health care agencies provide care to their patients with medically trained professionals, and in-home senior care allows the client to remain at home and retain their independence.
In-Home Care Agencies
In-home care is provided by caregivers without medical training. Services include:
• Assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, hygiene, dressing, transferring, toileting, and eating
• Help with other activities like housekeeping, shopping, errands, laundry, meal prep, medicine reminders, and simple companionship
• Help with social activities such as recreation, visiting others, and going on outings
• Transportation assistance
• Respite care to give family caregivers a well-deserved break
Home Health Agencies
Home health care services are prescribed by physicians and administered by home health aides, nurses, certified nurse assistants, doctors, and licensed practical nurses. Services may include:
• Catheter care, IV infusions, injections, tracheotomy and ventilator care
• Teaching of diabetes management techniques
• Post-operative rehab, speech and occupational therapies, and mobility training
• Administration of medications
• Pain management
• Skilled assessments, discharge planning, facilitation of support groups, grief counseling, abuse investigation and reporting
• Disease management education
• Wound care
• Provision of durable medical equipment
Who Can Benefit from Our Home Care?
Like home health care, home care is particularly beneficial for seniors who need help to stay at home and remain independent. Senior care services include:
• Help with meal prep and food shopping
• Help with dressing and bathing
• Toileting assistance
• Transportation, company, and companionship
• Light housekeeping
Who Uses Medical Agencies the Most?
Medical home health care agencies can help those who:
• Have been discharged from a nursing facility or hospital but still need medical help
• Are terminally ill and want to spend their last days in the comfort of home
• Have short-term medical needs
• Need medical help due to disability or age to stay in their home
When to Use One-on-One Care or Health Care
In many cases, older adults may need essential home care and home health services concurrently. While both types of care focus on the healing, well-being, and safety of senior citizens, caregivers tend to emphasize the building of personal relationships with seniors. For most people, senior care is provided for a longer period.
By comparison, medical caregivers have brief contact with patients and the relationships are shorter. For instance, a senior recovering from surgery will see a medical provider and a home caregiver until they recuperate. Once the person’s condition improves, they have the option to keep the caregiver on in a part-time capacity.
Choosing the Right Option for Your Family and Loved One
Medical home health care agencies are best for those who have left a hospital, nursing facility or rehab center after a lengthy stay and continue to have ongoing medial issues. Home health care services benefit those in need of medication monitoring and education on potential side effects. For instance, it is appropriate for those with diminished physical function, as it offers occupational and physical therapy in the home setting.
One-on-one home care is good for those who simply need a bit of help to stay at home and remain independent. Our caregivers can help clients with daily activities such as getting to doctor appointments, going shopping, and running errands. This type of care is often used when someone lacks mobility after a hospital stay, and it can also be used in combination with home health care services. Call our home health care agency today at 417-863-8006 to learn more about the differences between home health care agencies and essential care.
Serving Springfield, Nixa, Ozark, Republic, Branson, Hollister, MO and the Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels SPRINGFIELD, MO1259 E Republic Rd
Springfield, MO 65804