Personal Care in Waynesboro: Understanding Home Care Terms
For families in Waynesboro, exploring the world of senior care services can quickly become daunting. What's the difference between companion care and personal care? Which options make sense for you and your family? That's why Visiting Angels® Staunton always works closely with each family from the get-go. We make it simple to get the right support for your aging family member.
We understand that it can be confusing to navigate the vocabulary and terms involved with senior care. Let's review a few key phrases to know.
4 Key Types of Care in Waynesboro
When you're reviewing options for your loved one, a lot of terms can sound pretty similar. But each type of care typically refers to a different level of support for seniors. Here's a look at 4 of these care terms:
- Companion care. This type of home care offers wide-ranging assistance for seniors, with a focus on companionship and reducing age-related challenges. Your loved one will be paired with a dedicated caregiver who can assist with tasks like shopping and light housekeeping. It's a great option for seniors who don't yet need advanced care.
- Personal care. For seniors who deal with chronic health concerns, physical disabilities, or mobility issues, this option allows more comprehensive assistance. Personal caregivers in the Waynesboro area are able to provide direct physical support and can help with sensitive tasks like toileting and bathing. Seniors receive both physical care and companion care.
- Transitional care. If your loved one has recently been in the hospital, having proper care can be crucial to aid with recovery. With transitional care, our care team can provide assistance even before seniors have returned home from the hospital. We can continue to administer care after they're discharged, reducing the risk of re-admission.
- Respite care. If you or someone else is helping to look after your family member, it's important to conserve your energy. Respite care helps with that. A professional caregiver can provide short-term relief, looking after your loved one so you can take time away. We can also work alongside family caregivers in Waynesboro to administer care.
Schedule Personal Care For Your Loved One
From personal care to dementia care, our agency is proud to help seniors remain aging in place in:
- Stuarts Draft
- And throughout the surrounding area
Want to know more about personal care and other options for your loved one? Families in Waynesboro can contact Visiting Angels Staunton for details.