How Visiting Angels is Helping Seniors in Stockton, CA and Surrounding Areas Stay Safe During COVID-19 Outbreak
Here’s how Visiting Angels is providing support and assistance for seniors in Stockton, Lodi, Tracy, Morada and surrounding California communities during the COVID-19 outbreak through our in-home care services
With the health crisis caused by the novel coronavirus or COVID-19, it is now more important than ever that our community in Stockton and the surrounding areas in California focuses on the health and well-being of all our citizens and especially those that are most vulnerable – seniors.
As coronavirus continues spreading across the United States, our care experts at Visiting Angels Stockton continue providing top-quality senior care, ensuring the wellness of our elders.
While there is still much to learn about COVID-19, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have reported that the virus spreads in three ways:
- It can spread from one person to another via touch, sneezes and coughs, so it is recommended to keep your distance from others, at least six feet.
- It also spreads through surfaces, lasting on copper for several hours, cardboard for up to 24 hours, and plastic and stainless steel for up to three days.
- It is also airborne, lasting for up to three hours in the air.
How Our In-Home Care Services Are Helping Seniors in Stockton, CA and Surrounding Areas Stay Healthy and Safe
Knowing how the virus spreads, at Visiting Angels Stockton, we have been able to adjust our services to protect our senior clients from it and boost their health along the way.
Our best practices for maintaining senior well-being during the pandemic include:
- Knowing the symptoms (fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chest pain, confusion) so we can inform medical professionals promptly.
- Our caregivers can provide personal care services like assistance with bathing, washing hands, brushing teeth, changing clothes and other hygiene activities.
- Our caregivers can run errands and go grocery shopping for seniors so they can practice social distancing, especially during California’s shelter in place order.
- Our team is there to remind older adults to sneeze or cough in the crook of their elbow or into a tissue and not touch their eyes or face.
- Our in-home care services include light housekeeping in order to keep senior homes disinfected.
What Else Can Visiting Angels Stockton Do to Help Seniors?
Our mission is to improve the health, happiness and independence of our clients. In addition to following the guidance from the CDC and following our best practices for senior safety in this time of crisis, we can offer other in-home care services vital for daily functioning like meal prep, medication reminders, companionship and transportation to doctor’s appointments. We provide specialized care as well, including dementia and Alzheimer’s care, fall prevention, end of life care and many others, personalized to meet your loved one’s needs.
Please contact our office in Stockton, CA at 209-208-4132 today to learn more and schedule your free consultation!