Elder Care Options: Alzheimer’s Care in Stratham, NH
According to the Alzheimer’s Association, 5.8 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s. By 2050, that number is projected to reach 14 million. After an Alzheimer’s diagnosis, it’s important to understand that there’s a large community of seniors across the nation that is going through the same thing that you are. At Visiting Angels of Stratham, we’re here to remind you that you’re not alone.
If someone that you love is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, there are many things that you can do to help them throughout this transitional period:
- Educate yourself about the disease: The Alzheimer’s Foundation of America and the Alzheimer’s Association are both fantastic, credible resources to learn from.
- Take care of financial, legal, and long-term planning issues: Now is the perfect time to ensure that the previously mentioned subjects are all in order.
- Try brain-stimulating activities: Word puzzles, memory games, and listening to music are some of the many activities that can provide a positive experience for your loved one.
- Explore your elder care options: Whether you’re planning on becoming a family caregiver or you’re looking for professional care, finding the help of a professional is bound to come on your to-do list. Visiting Angels of Stratham, for example, offers many different forms of care to help your loved one including respite care, Alzheimer’s care, and dementia care.
- Find your tribe: If you need help or support, don’t be afraid to ask. It’s important to make time for yourself so you can be the best caregiver possible. Caring.com and the Caregiver Action Network provide free support groups.
Alzheimer's Care in Brentwood, East Kingston, and Surrounding Areas
If your loved one has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, remember that you’re not alone. At Visiting Angels of Stratham, we provide many elder care options to help you find the best care possible for your loved one.
Schedule a free in-home consultation and learn more about our elder care options by contacting our offices today.
Serving the Seacoast of New Hampshire
Visiting Angels STRATHAM, NEW HAMPSHIRE118 Portsmouth Ave #B2C
Stratham, NH 03885