How Transitional Care in Tampa Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Home care is often used to fill the gap between an inpatient hospital stay and full recovery. While families are often focused on discharge when a loved one is in the hospital, they may forget to plan for what comes next. For this reason, it is not uncommon for seniors to end up back in the hospital. In fact, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service estimate roughly 1 in 5 Medicare recipients will return to the hospital within the first 30 days after discharge. Thankfully, transitional care from Visiting Angels® Tampa FL is here to help.
Visiting Angels Tampa provides non-medical transitional care to seniors throughout Tampa, Temple Terrace, Hillsborough County, and the surrounding communities. Our agency is locally owned by compassionate professionals who are committed to helping your loved one avoid repeat hospital stays. We can help your loved one follow discharge instructions from their physician so they can continue to recover comfortably at home. Whether your loved one is healing from an injury, recovering from an illness, or learning to manage a new diagnosis, transitional care from Visiting Angels Tampa can help.
Common Causes of Hospital Readmission
When it comes to hospital readmission, the transitional care professionals from Visiting Angels Tampa know there are many reasons your loved one may return to the hospital. Some of the most common causes include:
- Failure to take prescribed medications or to take the proper dose
- Trouble handling a new or changing diagnosis
- Difficulty following a doctor's prescribed meal plan
- Falls caused by limited mobility or the effects of medication
- Failure to complete follow-up visits or therapies
- Exhaustion due to disrupted sleep and meal schedules
How Visiting Angels Tampa can Help
Transitional care providers from Visiting Angels Tampa can aid your loved one in their recovery by providing non-medical assistance with everyday activities. We will compassionately care for your loved one while looking out for their safety and well-being. Care will be tailored to suit the unique needs of your loved one and can be temporary or long-term. Services may include assistance with tasks such as:
- Offering medication reminders and monitoring
- Assistance with walking, transferring, and fall prevention
- Help with bathing and getting dressed
- Transportation to appointments
- Preparing dietary conscious meals
- Assistance with light housekeeping
- Running errands such as shopping
Contact Visiting Angels Tampa today to learn more about our transitional care services.
Serving Tampa, Florida
Visiting Angels TAMPA, FLORIDA9812 N 56th St
Tampa, FL 33617
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated.The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.