In-Home Care Tips to Help Your Aging Loved Ones Stay Safe from Coronavirus in Greater Tucker, GA
The whole world is being caught up in the throes of a major pandemic. Your job as the family caregiver for an elderly loved one is to ensure they remain healthy. Fortunately, as time passes, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continue to learn more about COVID-19, more commonly known as Coronavirus. Among the more important things they have learned is how quickly it can spread through a community, leaving behind serious illness and death in its wake.
Coronavirus can be:
- Spread from person-to-person, especially people within six feet of one another. This is the most common cause of spread.
- Spread through the air from a cough or sneeze and can linger there for three hours.
- Spread quickly because it lasts for multiple hours or days on surfaces like copper (up to three hours), cardboard (up to 24-hours), and plastic and stainless steel (up to three days).
How In-Home Care Can Help Seniors in Tucker and the Surrounding Area Remain Safe During a Pandemic
As one of the best in-home care services for seniors in and around Tucker, Visiting Angels of Tucker provides a range of services intended to help families and their elderly loved ones stay happy, healthy, and safe. To do this, we offer a comprehensive array of customizable in-home care services based on the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of our clients.
At Visiting Angels of Tucker, we will continuously update our in-home care services to protect our clients and their families as the CDC releases more information.
These are among the many ways we can help seniors during this challenging time:
- Ensuring seniors can practice the recommended social distancing. We do this by letting them remain in their homes while our home care specialist goes out to do the grocery shopping and pick up any prescriptions.
- Providing our seniors with the personal care services they continue to need, such as bathing, washing hands, grooming, dressing, and many others.
- We provide light housekeeping services that include disinfecting any surface that could be potentially be harboring the virus. This includes countertops, floors, door handles, bathrooms, and many others.
- Reminding seniors that if they need to cough or sneeze, they should do so by using their shoulder or tissue. Seniors should also avoid touching areas like their faces and especially their eyes.
- Ensuring family members are kept up to date on any changes in their loved one's health. This includes monitoring your loved one for symptoms of Coronavirus, including running a fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, and chest pain.
Contact Us to Learn More
If you would like to know more about our how our in-home care services can help keep your loved one safe, contact Visiting Angels of Tucker and schedule a free consultation today!