Dementia Care in Owasso
Tips for Caring for Your Loved One
Dementia can affect a person’s physical abilities and the way they feel, act, and communicate. These changes can be upsetting and overwhelming for both the person experiencing dementia and the family caregiver. If you provide dementia care for a loved one in Owasso, these tips can improve your loved one’s quality of life and help you communicate more effectively.
- Introduce alternative therapies. While there is no cure for dementia, alternative therapies and treatments, such as Reiki bodywork, acupuncture, and massage, have been shown to help ease anxiety, alleviate pain, and provide a cognitive boost.
- Ask simple questions. Open-ended questions, such as “what would you like to drink?” can be confusing if your loved one can’t find the right words. Instead, give options or ask questions they can answer with a yes or no.
- Accept support. As your loved one’s symptoms progress, bring in additional help to avoid caregiver burnout. Whether a caregiver visits a couple of hours a week or daily, having an extra set of hands can lighten the load and provide support for both you and your loved one.
Getting Started with Visiting Angels Tulsa
For professional dementia care with a personal touch, call on Visiting Angels® Tulsa. Locally owned and operated, our agency proudly serves seniors in Owasso, Jenks, Broken Arrow, Bixby, Tulsa County, and the surrounding areas.
Call us today to schedule a free assessment in your loved one’s home. We’ll spend time learning about their care needs and preferences and review how our services can help. From there, we’ll create their customized care plan.
When you’re ready to get started, we’ll Select Your Caregiver® based on your loved one’s needs, schedule, and personality. Every step of the way, we’re here to make the process as straightforward and stress-free as possible.
Customized Dementia Care Services in Owasso
At Visiting Angels Tulsa, we recognize that dementia affects each person differently. That’s why our services are customizable, and our caregivers are available hourly on a full-time, part-time, or occasional basis.
You choose how often a caregiver comes, how long they stay, and the services they provide. When needs change, you can add and remove services or adjust scheduling with a phone call to our office.
Some of our most frequently requested services include:
- Wandering prevention
- Transportation to appointments
- Mobility assistance
- Respite care for primary caregivers
- Medication reminders
- Temporary transitional care
- Help with bathing, dressing, and toileting
- Light housekeeping, organizing, and meal prep
Ready to learn more about our dementia care services in Owasso? Call Visiting Angels Tulsa today to schedule a free in-home consultation.
Serving Tulsa, Owasso, Broken Arrow, Jenks and Bixby
Visiting Angels TULSA, OK1532 S Peoria Ave
Tulsa, OK 74120