How Transitional Care in Venice Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Ready-Set-Go-Home care, commonly referred to as transitional care, provides non-medical support for seniors throughout Venice, North Port, Englewood, Port Charlotte, and the surrounding communities. Visiting Angels® Venice provides referrals for transitional aid to help seniors avoid repeat trips to the hospital after discharge. Seniors run a higher risk of hospital readmission during the first 30 days after discharge. Transitional care can help seniors follow discharge instructions and continue on the path to wellness.
Common Causes of Hospital Readmission
There are many reasons why seniors may find themselves being readmitted to the hospital after discharge. Failure to follow the hospital's discharge instructions is the top cause of readmission. Seniors who lack support once they get home tend to have more issues. If a senior does not have family or friends nearby who are available to lend a hand upon their return home, they are at greater risk. Referrals for transitional care from Visiting Angels Venice can provide your loved one with the care they need in order to avoid the expense and frustration of readmission.
Some additional reasons why repeat hospital visits occur include:
- Trouble following the doctor's specific discharge instructions
- Failure to follow the physician prescribed meal plan
- Difficulty managing a new diagnosis on their own
- Missing follow-up appointments or physical therapy visits
- Falls due to the effects of medication or limited mobility
- Taking medications incorrectly or forgetting doses
How Visiting Angels Venice can Help
Transitional care referrals from Visiting Angels Venice can help your loved one recover safely at home by providing personalized care and support. Non-medical aid can offer assistance in countless ways throughout your loved one's recovery. The services your family member receives will be based on their situation and needs.
Some types of transitional care services available to Venice area seniors include:
- Walking and transferring assistance
- Fall prevention and safety measures
- Bathing, dressing, grooming, and toileting aid
- Offering medication reminders & monitoring
- Transportation to follow-up appointments
- Help following a doctor prescribed meal plan
- Running errands such as grocery shopping
- Light housekeeping and organization tasks
- Meaningful companionship and social care
Call Visiting Angels Venice today and ask how our transitional care referrals can help your loved one avoid hospital readmission.
Serving Venice, North Port, Englewood, Port Charlotte and Surrounding Communities
Visiting Angels Suncoast13005 Tamiami Trl
North Port, FL 34287
Florida License: 30211336
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.