Social Care at Home in Vienna, VA, and Surrounding Cities
Visiting Angels Provides Social Care at Home in Vienna, Tysons, Falls Church, Fairfax County, and Nearby Areas
Visiting Angels of Vienna encourages seniors to socialize and connect with friends. Family connection with others is an essential cornerstone of good mental health. The COVID-19 pandemic has limited our regular meetings, so gathering in other ways is vital. Using modern technology, our social care at home program helps families stay in touch, and our caregivers help seniors use their devices to access social and entertainment platforms. They can assist with sending texts and e-mails, using Facebook and Zoom, and even playing digital games to help keep seniors mentally active and engaged.
Crossing the Digital Divide
Adopting a digital social life may not come easy to older adults who have difficulties grasping new technology or vision impairments. Our caregivers will sit beside your loved ones and show them how to use their device, whether it’s a cell phone, tablet, or personal computer. They can assist with connecting to the internet, identifying icons, and recording passwords.
Technology Provides Numerous Benefits for Seniors
Digital tools can provide cognitive and emotional benefits, according to recent studies:
- A University of Arizona study reveals that seniors using Facebook show a 25 percent increase in “mental updating” skills, essentially improving their working memory.
- Seniors who visit social networking sites like Facebook have a positive emotional experience when measuring breathing rates, brain stimulation and pupil dilation.
- Surfing the internet can reduce depression in seniors.
Social Care at Home Helps Seniors Engage with Technology
Our caregivers can teach seniors to:
- Use a cell phone
- Send texts and e-mails
- Use online video chat platforms like FaceTime, Skype, or Zoom
- Create a Facebook account to interact with family and friends
- Use a search engine for online research or shopping
“Because of this program, I was able to experience two of the greatest joys in life – becoming a grandmother and seeing my son become a new father. Skyping and Facebooking with my son and his family are now a normal part of my life. It helps me feel like I’m still an important part of their lives even though I’m miles and miles away.”
To learn more about social care at home in Vienna and surrounding areas, call Visiting Angels of Vienna at 703-686-8509 to schedule a free consultation.
Serving Tysons, Vienna, Falls Church, Fairfax County, VA, and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels VIENNA, VIRGINIA8221 Old Courthouse Rd #208
Vienna, VA 22182