Elder Care Assistance: Caring for Someone in the Visalia, CA Area with Alzheimers
Visiting Angels Offers Elder Care Assistance for Seniors with Alzheimer’s in Lindsay, Visalia, Porterville, Hanford, and Nearby Cities
Alzheimer’s, a fatal brain disease that affects cognitive abilities, affects millions of people across the nation. An Alzheimer’s diagnosis is often a shock not just for the individual, but for their entire family as well. But remember that there are steps that your loved one can take to manage this disease.
With Alzheimer’s, being proactive is key. The sooner you witness the warning signs, the sooner your loved one gets diagnosed, and the sooner your loved one can receive elder care assistance. There isn’t a cure for Alzheimer’s, but there are medications and lifestyle changes that your loved one can incorporate to improve their quality of life.
Be sure to know these 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s:
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Confusion about time or place
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Difficulty completing tasks at home or at work
- Trouble understanding visual images or spatial relationships
- Decreased or poor judgment when making decisions
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in mood or personality
- New problems with words in speaking or writing
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
Remember that Alzheimer’s disease isn’t a normal part of the aging process. During aging, a person may experience some of the above signs in various degrees. But, when someone has Alzheimer’s, the symptoms get worse as time progresses.
Here are a couple of steps that you should utilize if someone you love gets diagnosed with Alzheimer’s:
- Educate yourself about the disease
- Take care of financial, legal, and long-term elder care assistance planning issues
- Employ cognitive stimulation
- Arrange respite and/or regular care
- Build a support system
Have you or someone you love recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease? You’re not alone. For more information about Alzheimer’s disease or to explore elder care assistance, call Visiting Angels of Lindsay, CA today at 559-853-4420.
Serving Visalia, Porterville, Lindsay, Hanford, Tulare, Woodville, and the Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels VISALIA, CA1430 S. Mirage Ave.
Lindsay, CA 93247