Parkinsons Care in Lindsay, CA and the Surrounding Area
If you have an elderly loved one in the Lindsay, CA area has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s, understanding the disease and symptoms will help you ensure your loved one is receiving the Parkinson’s care they need.
Parkinson’s disease is a neurodegenerative disorder, meaning it affects the brain. The symptoms of this disease may be subtle to begin with, but over time, Parkinson's can affect your loved one’s mobility and mental functioning.
The caregivers from Visiting Angels of Lindsay, CA can help to provide Parkinson’s care to ensure a healthy and safe life for your loved one.
Parkinson’s Care for Seniors in Visalia, Porterville, and Nearby Cities
Caregivers from Visiting Angels of Lindsay, CA can provide home care to Parkinson’s patients, regardless of the severity of symptoms. Some of the most common symptoms include:
- Mobility Loss. Parkinson's may begin with a stiffness in your loved one’s limbs and a change in your loved one’s gait. Over time, your loved one may experience difficulty walking and eventually lose their ability to walk or stand on their own.
- Tremors. Your loved one might experience a slight tremor on one side of their body. These tremors may increase over time, making it difficult for your loved one to perform tasks of daily living.
- Balance Problems. Parkinson’s can affect your loved one’s balance, making them more susceptible to falling.
- Non-Mobile Symptoms. In addition to mobility-related symptoms, your loved one might also experience depression, anxiety, trouble sleeping, a slowing of thoughts, and hallucinations and delusions.
The symptoms of Parkinson's disease can cause a number of complications that can put your loved one at risk. With the right care, however, you can help your loved one in the Visalia area live safely and comfortably as the disease progresses.
Personalized Parkinson’s Care from Visiting Angels of Lindsay, CA
Visiting Angels of Lindsay, CA offers essential personal Parkinson’s care that helps seniors in Visalia, Tulare, Hanford, and the surrounding areas age safely in place. Some of the services we offer include:
- Mobility assistance
- Light housekeeping
- Errand running and grocery shopping
- Bathing, dressing, and toileting help
- Transferring assistance
- Transportation to therapies and appointments
- Meal planning, preparation, and serving
- Positive companionship and emotional support
These services can be modified and combined to ensure your loved one has the comprehensive Parkinson’s care they need to maintain a high quality of life. Call 559-853-4420 to ensure your loved one receives care that will help them live safely and comfortably.
Serving Visalia, Tulare, Hanford, Porterville, Lindsay, CA, and surrounding communities
Visiting Angels LINDSAY, CALIFORNIA1430 S Mirage Ave
Lindsay, CA 93247