(January 8, 2019) – An army of angels has joined the fight to end Alzheimer’s disease. Visiting Angels, one of the nation’s leading providers of in-home senior care and supporter of the Alzheimer’s Association, is thrilled to announce that its network will contribute nearly $450,000 to the 2018 Alzheimer’s Association Walk To End Alzheimer’s®, the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research. The annual event is held in more than 600 communities nationwide.
Hundreds of Participants Team Up for National Fundraiser
“This is a mission that is near and dear to our hearts. Every day our staff hears stories from families who are struggling to care for a loved one who is suffering with Alzheimer’s,” says Larry Meigs, CEO of Visiting Angels. “Visiting Angels employees and caregivers help relatives determine what kind of care is needed to keep their loved one safe.”
“The Alzheimer’s Association congratulates and thanks Visiting Angels for their participation in Walk to End Alzheimer’s this year,” said Donna McCullough, chief development officer for the Alzheimer’s Association. “The dedication and commitment of the “army of angels” across the country will help so many families facing this disease. We are grateful to Visiting Angels for their outstanding support, which brings us one step closer to our vision of a world without Alzheimer’s.”
This year, Visiting Angels proudly served as a Gold sponsor, with 204 teams participating across the country.
Visiting Angels — 2018 Walk to End Alzheimer’s:
- $345,018 raised by local teams nationwide
- $100,000 incentive prize paid by Visiting Angels to top-performing individual teams
- $445,018 donated by Visiting Angels and its teams
The $100,000 has been distributed among 11 teams. The prizes range from $5,000 to $25,000. The complete list of Visiting Angels Team winners and credits donated by Visiting Angels:
- 1st place – $25,000 – Visiting Angels of South Central Michigan
- 2nd place – $10,000 – Visiting Angels of Tulsa, Okla.
- 3rd place – $10,000 – Visiting Angels of NE Ohio
- 4th place – $10,000 – Angels on the Move – York, Penn.
- 5th place – $10,000 – Corporate Visiting Angels – Philadelphia
- 6th place – $10,000 – Visiting Angels – Pasco’s Caring Angels – Odessa, Fla.
- 7th place – $5,000 – Angels on the Move – Lancaster, Pa.
- 8th place – $5,000 – St. Charles Visiting Angels – St. Charles County, Mo.
- 9th place – $5,000 – Angels Take Action – Central New Hampshire
- 10th place – $5,000 – Visiting Angels of Eureka – Humboldt County, Calif.
- 11th place – $5,000 – Visiting Angels/Mideastern Shore – Eastern Shore, Md.
About Visiting Angels Living Assistance Services:
Visiting Angels began franchising in 1998 in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, area. Today, Visiting Angels has 600 private duty agencies throughout the United States. Visiting Angels agencies employ only experienced caregivers and conduct the most comprehensive background screenings to ensure that their caregivers meet or exceed the company’s high standards. For companion care, Alzheimer’s care, dementia care and the country’s best palliative care program, make Visiting Angels your choice in senior home care. For more information on Visiting Angels or to find a location near you, please visit www.visitingangels.com.