How Transitional Care in Wayzata Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Ready-Set-Go Home care, also commonly known as transitional care, from Visiting Angels® Wayzata MN offers support to elderly and disabled adults following an inpatient hospital stay. If you have a loved one who is currently an inpatient or who is planning a hospital stay, we can provide care to decrease your family member's risk of readmission.
Transitional care from Visiting Angels Wayzata is especially helpful for seniors during the first month after discharge, when the risk of readmission is highest. Our three-prong approach starts by visiting your loved one in the hospital to help with discharge planning. Next, we can help prepare your loved one's home for their return and provide assistance once they are home. Behind the scenes, our office can help coordinate medication, equipment, and food deliveries.
Common Causes of Hospital Readmission
There are countless reasons why seniors and disabled adults run a higher risk of being readmitted to the hospital during the first 30 days after discharge. What it usually boils down to is an inability to follow the doctor's discharge instructions. If a senior does not have available support once they return home they are more likely to end up back in the hospital. Transitional care from Visiting Angels Wayzata can provide the helping hand your loved one needs.
Some additional causes of hospital readmission include:
- Taking medications incorrectly or missing doses
- General inability to follow discharge instructions
- Missing therapy or follow-up appointments
- Difficulty managing a new diagnosis at home
- Failure to follow a doctor prescribed meal plan
- Falls due to limited mobility or medication effects
How Visiting Angels Wayzata can Help
Visiting Angels Wayzata provides customized transitional care to meet the needs of seniors who are recovering from a hospital stay. Our non-medical aid assists with daily tasks so your loved one can continue their recovery.
Some of the transitional care services frequently provided by Visiting Angels Wayzata include:
- Fall prevention and walking assistance
- Transportation to follow-up appointments
- Planning and preparation of healthy meals
- Medication monitoring and reminders
- Joyful companionship and conversation
- Toileting, bathing, and dressing assistance
- Running errands and going to the grocery
- Vacuuming and other light housekeeping
If your elderly or disabled family member is facing an inpatient hospital stay, call Visiting Angels Wayzata at 952-935-0789 to speak with our intake coordinator. Learn how our transitional care services can help. We can schedule a free consultation to help you get started.
Serving Minneapolis and the West and Southwest Communities
Visiting Angels WAYZATA, MN901 Twelve Oaks Center Dr #919
Wayzata, MN 55391