Boosting Immunity in Seniors with Private Home Care Services from Visiting Angels of Westerville
Here’s how our private home care providers are making it easier for seniors in Westerville, Gahanna, Columbus, Worthington and surrounding areas in Ohio to incorporate immunity-boosting activities into their everyday routine
Nowadays, when all of our lives have been affected in one way or another by the COVID-19 outbreak, it is necessary to ensure the wellness of our senior loved ones. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), older adults and those with autoimmune disorders and other medical conditions are at higher risk of infection. This is why it is important to make sure that your parent, grandparent or a senior relative has a strong immune system. At Visiting Angels of Westerville, our caregivers can ensure your aging loved one practices healthy routines that keep them strong and safe during these difficult times.
The Importance of Maintaining a Healthy Senior Care Routine in Westerville, OH and Surrounding Areas
A healthy daily routine can greatly benefit your aging loved one and help them fight off threats like COVID-19.
- Getting a good night’s sleep – Older adults need just as much sleep in their senior years as they did when they were younger. Our private home care specialists can create a regimen that will help your loved one get ready for bed and easily fall asleep.
- Maintaining a healthy diet – To stay healthy and strong, your loved one should eat foods that will boost their immune system. Our caregivers can make sure that they follow a well-balanced diet by preparing healthy meals and snacks and shopping for groceries.
- Performing regular exercise – Your aging family member should stay active, even during isolation. We can help them with low-impact exercises like stretching and floor exercises.
- Staying hydrated and keeping to medication schedules – Our private home care services include medication and fluid reminders. Our caregivers can make sure your parent takes their pills as prescribed and stays properly hydrated.
- Washing your hands – It has been recommended by the CDC that we wash our hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Maintaining personal hygiene is especially important for seniors. If your loved one needs help with personal tasks, our caregivers can assist them with bathing, grooming and other activities.
Reducing Stress to Improve Health
Many seniors are feeling overwhelmed and stressed due to the COVID-19 outbreak. To stay calm and maintain a positive outlook, your aging loved one can:
- Connect with family and friends online – Our caregivers can teach your parent how to use apps and programs to stay in touch with people they care about through our Social Care program.
- Take a break from the news – Instead of watching the news about the virus 24/7, your parent should take a mental break every now and then and engage in activities that make them happy.
Learn More About Private Home Care Services from Visiting Angels of Westerville Today
For more information on how private home care services from Visiting Angels can help your loved one during the coronavirus outbreak, contact our office in Westerville, OH.