Important Senior Care Wellness Tips for Greater Kitsap County, WA
COVID-19 has spread rapidly and information about COVID-19 is constantly changing, making it difficult to learn everything about it. This uncertainty, along with how easily the virus spreads, has caused many in Kitsap County to become fearful of contracting it.
Visiting Angels of Kitsap County is here to connect you with research-backed information that you can trust, with guidance from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). Within this article, you will find facts about COVID-19 as well as senior care wellness tips developed by the professionals of Visiting Angels.
How Does COVID-19 spread?
According to the CDC, the illness can be spread in multiple ways:
- Person-to-person: People within six feet of each other can spread the virus through coughing, sneezing, and touch.
- Surfaces: COVID-19 lasts multiple hours on copper-like surfaces, 24 hours on cardboard-like surfaces, and two to three days on surfaces such as plastic and stainless steel.
- Air: The illness can last for up to three hours in the air.
How Do Visiting Angels Caregivers Protect Their Clients?
In a global health crisis, the goal of Visiting Angels of Kitsap County remains the same: to provide senior care that helps seniors remain safe, comfortable, and independent. Below are a few ways we assist our Kitsap County clients with daily living activities and protect them from illnesses such as COVID-19.
- Be mindful: It’s important to avoid touching your face with unwashed hands. Also, if you’re sneezing or coughing, using a tissue or the crook of your elbow is key. Our caregivers can remind your loved one about these important tips.
- Provide personal care: Maintaining good hygiene is an important part of preventing illnesses. Some of the personal care tasks that our caregivers assist with include washing hands, brushing teeth, bathing, and toileting.
- Practice social distancing: One of our caregivers would be happy to perform errands such as grocery shopping and picking up medications to ensure that their client can stay at home as much as possible, and minimize the possibility of contracting the illness from the local community.
- Maintain a clean home: Our caregivers can assist your loved one with light housekeeping and ensure surfaces stay disinfected.
To learn more about Visiting Angels of Kitsap County and how our senior care professionals can assist your family, contact our office at your earliest convenience. We can schedule a free consultation and begin your family’s senior care journey.