In Home Care Services in Wichita
How To Help Aging Parents Stay At Home
Does your parent wish to remain at home for as long as possible? Preparation is crucial. At Visiting Angels® Wichita, we help families prepare for this. With dedicated in home care services and other support, we're here to help seniors with aging in place.
Let's review some top tips for helping your parent age in place.
3 Tips For Aging In Place in Wichita
For seniors in Wichita, a little help can make it much easier to remain at home for as long as possible. Here's what to do:
- Make safety a priority. You want your parent's home to be safe and easy to navigate. With that in mind, you'll want to make sure their living areas are easy to navigate, clutter-free, and well-lit. It may be helpful to purchase an emergency call device, too, so you know they can reach you at any time whatsoever.
- Plan ahead. While your loved one may be in perfect health now, it's important to plan ahead for the future. Do they have regular screenings with doctors and other medical professionals? Is there a support system in place if their mobility deteriorates over time? These conversations can be tough—but it's much better to have them early on.
- Think about in home care services. For many seniors, it also helps to start early with home care. It may help your parent acclimate to having a new person in the house, so if they need more advanced care later on, they'll be used to the idea. Think about setting up weekly support with errands or meal prep to start.
Why Choose In Home Care Services?
At some point or another, your loved one may benefit from dedicated support. For seniors in Wichita, our in home care services make that possible:
- We can help with wide-ranging tasks. Our caregivers can assist with tasks like groceries and laundry, as well as provide advanced support through dementia care and personal care.
- We offer emotional support. We reduce the isolation faced by seniors living alone, offering regular conversation, companionship, and emotional support.
- We can increase care when needed. If your family member's needs evolve for any reason at all, we can update the level of care provided to accommodate them.
Get Flexible Support For Your Loved One
Our agency provides flexible in home care services in:
Learn more about your options for in home care services. Call Visiting Angels Wichita to get started today.
Serving Wichita and the Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels WICHITA, KS5920 E Central Ave #101
Wichita, KS 67208