How Transitional Care in Winston Salem Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Ready-Set-Go Home care from Visiting Angels® Winston-Salem NC is more commonly known as transitional care. This type of aid provides non-medical support for seniors and disabled adults following an inpatient hospital stay. Seniors in particular face a higher risk of repeat hospital visits after discharge. If you have a loved one who is currently in the hospital or who
Visiting Angels Winston-Salem takes a three-prong approach to transitional care. Our support begins while your loved one is still in the hospital in by providing information for discharge planning. Behind the scenes, we can help arrange for delivery of medical supplies, equipment, and medications. Once your loved one is home, our caregivers can provide assistance and monitoring to aid in recovery.
Common Causes of Hospital Readmission
While there are a variety of reasons why seniors may be readmitted to the hospital after discharge, it often comes down to an inability to follow discharge instructions. When seniors don't have adequate support during recovery they are particularly vulnerable. Transitional care from Visiting Angels Winston-Salem can provide the support your loved one needs in order to continue their recovery.
Some additional causes of repeat hospital trips include:
- Taking medications incorrectly or missing doses
- Failure to follow the hospital's discharge instructions
- Missing follow-up appointments or physical therapy
- Difficulty managing a new diagnosis once you are home
- Not following the doctor's prescribed meal plan
- Falls due to the effects of medication or limited mobility
How Visiting Angels Winston-Salem Can Help
Transitional care from Visiting Angels Winston-Salem can assist your loved one in a variety of ways. Our non-medical services can make everyday tasks easier to manage and allow your loved one to focus on the healing process.
Some ways we help include:
- We can prepare the home for your loved one's return
- Preparing meals to follow the doctor's prescribed meal plan
- Arranging transportation to follow-up appointments
- Help with light housekeeping tasks such as laundry
- Offering medication reminders and monitoring
- Providing meaningful companionship and social care
- Assistance with transferring, walking, and fall prevention
- Help with dressing, grooming, bathing, and hygiene
If you have a loved one in need of transitional care after discharge, call Visiting Angels Winston-Salem and book a free consultation today.
Serving Winston-Salem and the Triad
Visiting Angels WINSTON-SALEM, NC1540 Westbrook Plaza Dr #104
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
Phone: 336-665-5345 First Time Inquiries