In Home Care in Pepper Pike
Age in Place with These Home Upgrades
Looking for ways to make aging in place safer for yourself or a loved one in Pepper Pike, OH? At Visiting Angels® Cleveland, we recommend customized in home care and a few simple modifications around the home to improve safety, comfort, and accessibility.
Three easy changes to consider making in the home sooner than later are:
- Install grab bars. Also known as assist bars, grab bars can prevent falls, especially in wet and slippery areas such as bathrooms.
- Add extra lighting. Improved visibility makes any activity around the home a little easier and safer. Good additions include nightlights, motion sensor lights, and supplemental task lighting above work areas in the kitchen, garage, utility room, or craft room.
- Rethink kitchen storage. If your budget permits, add pull-out shelves to cabinets for easier access to everyday items such as pots, pans, and bowls. Also helpful is storing tableware between hip and shoulder height to reduce the risk of falls from reaching or bending.
Customized In Home Care in Pepper Pike Just a few of the services we offer include:
- Specialized memory care
- Wandering prevention
- Medication reminders
- Engaging companionship
- Mobility assistance
- Help with personal care
- Transportation to shopping and activities
- Temporary transitional care
- Respite care for family caregivers
Why Visiting Angels Cleveland?
When it comes to your loved one's safety and well-being, finding in-home care you can trust is essential. Since 2002, Visiting Angels Cleveland has proudly served seniors in Pepper Pike, Mayfield Heights, Shaker Heights, Beachwood, Mayfield, Garfield Heights, Mayfield Village, Cleveland Heights, Richmond Heights, Bratenahl, and the surrounding areas.
Locally owned and operated, we're invested in the community and dedicated to providing professional care with compassion and respect. As caregivers to family members ourselves, we recognize how important it is for family caregivers to have respite care they can trust.
When hiring caregivers, we seek out at least three years of home care experience and conduct background checks, criminal history checks, and drug testing for added peace of mind. In general, we only invite 2 out of every 10 applicants to join our team.
Ready to learn more about in home care in Pepper Pike? Call Visiting Angels Cleveland today at (216) 231-6400 to schedule a free consultation.
Serving Ohio's Cuyahoga County and Surrounding Communities
Visiting Angels CLEVELAND, OHIO12200 Fairhill Rd 2nd Flr, B-Wing
Cleveland, OH 44120