Home Care in Grandview
For more than 16 years, Visiting Angels® Columbus West has provided compassionate, comprehensive home care in Grandview and the surrounding areas. If someone close to you requires in-home care to live each day to the fullest, our warm and respectful caregivers can help.
As a locally owned care provider, we're honored to make a better life possible for clients throughout Grandview, Dublin, Bexley, Grandview Heights, Upper Arlington, and Columbus, OH. How do we accomplish this feat? Our caregivers offer personalized care for local seniors and their families based on what best meets their needs.
From personal care to dementia care to fall prevention assistance, our caregivers can help your loved one retain their comfort and independence. All of our home care providers have gone through our thorough vetting process, which features a criminal background check and other verifications.
About Our Home Care in Grandview
To provide the most enriching and transformative home care in Grandview, we offer a wide range of services for our clients, available at any time of day or night. These include:
- Bathing and dressing help
- Prescription reminders
- Meal planning and prep
- Light housekeeping duties
- Respite care
- Transferring aid
- Walking support
- Groceries and errands
How Our Home Care Process in Grandview Works
The right home care should make your loved one's day-to-day life easier and more enjoyable. It should also relieve some of the pressure felt by family caregivers, and ultimately provide peace of mind for everyone. To make sure we meet this standard, our care professionals will guide you through the following steps:
- An initial phone call - The first step is to contact our agency at (614) 538-1234. We can explain our services and rates, discuss your specific situation, and set up a free assessment to go into more detail.
- An in-person consultation - Our care professionals will meet your loved one and other relatives involved in providing care to learn about your family's needs. They'll focus on getting to know your loved one's condition, routine, preferences, and personality. They can also answer any questions you have about care.
- A collaborative planning process - During this session, we'll work together to draft a personalized care plan that covers every unique need. As part of this process, we'll also establish a custom care schedule. Keep in mind that, if needed, we can adapt these services at any time.
- A caregiver selection process - Using your care plan and all they've learned about your family, our team will recommend a particular care professional for the job.
- An ongoing conversation regarding your loved one's care - Once care begins, our team will maintain regular contact with your family to provide updates, address any concerns, and make sure you're receiving the support you need.
Personal Care in Grandview
Our personal care services include support with whatever routine activities your loved one struggles with on their own. Your family member's custom home care plan may cover help with the following:
- Running errands
- Picking up groceries
- Walking and transferring more safely
- Using the bathroom
- Getting dressed
- Planning out and preparing meals
- Reminders for prescription medications
- Certain household chores like laundry and sheet changes
Companion Care and Social Care Services in Grandview
Do you wish you could be there to keep your elderly mother company more often? Are you worried that your grandfather has withdrawn too much from the world? Our caregivers can step in to provide uplifting, meaningful companionship on a regular basis. They can also introduce your relative to online tools and video chat features to help them stay connected to family and friends.
Alzheimer's Care and Dementia Care in Grandview
Alzheimer's disease and other types of dementia can make caregiving even more challenging — and more essential for a senior's health and well-being. Our home care in Grandview includes specialized care for these conditions, giving seniors the chance to stay where they feel safest and most like themselves.
As part of these care services, our caregivers can escort your loved one to medical appointments, keep them on track with medications at home, provide wandering prevention assistance, prepare regular meals, and generally act as a stable, soothing presence.
A bad fall can lead to serious injuries and ultimately a loss of independence for many seniors. We developed our Safe & Steady Fall Prevention program to help our clients reduce the fall risk at home. The program includes individual assessments and recommendations from our home care team in the Grandview area.
To counter the high rates of hospital readmission among seniors, especially in their first month back at home, we created our Ready-Set-Go Home program. If your loved one is in the hospital, we can help you develop a clear plan for their discharge, transition home, and recovery.
Our caregivers can coordinate with your family and your loved one's medical team, assist with transportation, and offer in-home assistance as they heal.
Burnout is a major issue among family caregivers. That's why we consider the needs of family caregivers as part of our home care in Grandview. Do you need a break from your role as a family caregiver? If so, we can take over your duties on a temporary basis through our respite care.
With our holistic palliative care services, we aim to give our clients with life-limiting conditions the strength to take on each new challenge. From easing your loved one's physical discomfort — caused by their condition or the treatment of it — to providing joyful companionship, this service includes emotional, social, spiritual, and physical care.
End of Life Care
Let us be there for your loved one and your family as a whole as you embark on one of life's most difficult journeys. Our compassionate end-of-life care is available for clients in the later stages of a terminal condition, with a prognosis of six months or fewer. Our care professionals will do everything they can to make your loved one comfortable and give your family room to cherish this remaining time.
Get Started with Home Care in Grandview Today
Interested in our home care in Grandview? Call Visiting Angels Columbus West at (614) 538-1234 to book a no-cost assessment.
Serving Columbus Ohio and the Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels COLUMBUS, OH1660 NW Professional Plaza #H
Columbus, OH 43220