In Home Care in Dublin
Age in Place with These Home Upgrades
Since the coronavirus pandemic, more seniors than ever are choosing in home care over assisted living facilities. However, not all homes are equipped to accommodate the needs of elderly adults. If your loved one is among the many choosing to age in place in Dublin, OH, you can help make their home safer with a few simple home modifications.
- Add non-slip mats or flooring. Falls are common among seniors and can lead to significant injuries, including hip fractures. A budget-friendly solution is adding slip-resistant mats in high traffic areas, such as the bathroom, bedroom, and kitchen.
- Raise the height of the toilet seats. If your loved one has trouble sitting or standing up, a standard height toilet seat can be a struggle. Instead, opt for raised seats that require less effort.
- Upgrade doorknobs. Knob-style door handles require a firm grip and a twisting motion that can be difficult and painful for seniors with arthritis. Lever-style handles are easy to install and demand much less effort.
In Home Care You Can Trust in Dublin, OH
If your loved one could use a helping hand with daily tasks or feels lonely, in home care from Visiting Angels® Columbus West is the answer. We’re a locally owned and operated home care agency that understands the support our local seniors need to age in place with confidence.
For over 16 years, we’ve proudly served seniors in Dublin, Columbus OH, Upper Arlington, Bexley, Grandview Heights, Grandview, and the surrounding areas. Our caregivers and staff are kind, compassionate professionals committed to providing top-quality care with dignity and respect.
We offer free in-home consultations and work with you and your loved one to design a customized care plan that meets your needs and fits your budget. Regular monitoring comes standard with all care plans, and in case of last-minute care needs, clients and their families have access to our after-hours support number. Call us anytime for a call back in 15 minutes or less.
How Visiting Angels Columbus West Helps Seniors Remain Independent
In home care from Visiting Angels Columbus West is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for the Dublin area, and includes a wide range of essential services, including:
- Assistance with mobility and balance
- Help with bathing, toileting, and dressing
- Transportation to shopping, events, and activities
- Medication reminders
- Companionship to ease feelings of loneliness
- Temporary care after hospital discharge
- Specialized Alzheimer’s and dementia care
Ready to learn more about in home care in Dublin, OH? Call Visiting Angels Columbus West today to schedule a free consultation.
Serving the Metro Columbus, OH and the Western Suburbs
Visiting Angels COLUMBUS WEST, OHIO1660 NW Professional Plaza #G
Columbus, OH 43220