Private Home Care in East and South San Diego County: Understanding Home Care Terms
With one-on-one private home care for seniors in East and South San Diego County, Visiting Angels® El Cajon can help in a number of ways. We offer everything from basic companion care to specialized care options, including our personal care, Alzheimer's care, and others. Securing outside help is a great way to support your loved one and make life easier for your whole family. To help you with this transition, we'd like to share some definitions of key home care terms you may hear from our crew.
Important Private Home Care Terms
- Assisted Living Facility (ALF). This term refers to any residential establishment which provides housing and care for seniors. Although these facilities provide some benefits, most seniors are better off if they can remain at home. Aging in place with professional support is a great way to maximize your loved one's comfort, independence, and overall quality of life.
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). Basic tasks that occur on a daily basis. These include bathing, toileting, grooming, getting dressed, and moving around their home. We can help with all of these duties, depending on the specific needs of your loved one.
- Family Caregiver. A person within your family who provides care for a senior loved one.
- Respite Care. This is a care option that involves part-time or temporary support to relieve a family caregiver. We can provide assistance based on your schedule, allowing you to get more rest and avoid caregiver burnout.
- Live-in Care. This involves 24-hour shifts in which your loved one will have a caregiver around at all times.
Compassionate Private Home Care for Families in the East and South San Diego County Area
With our array of private home care options, Visiting Angels El Cajon can offer crucial assistance for local seniors and their relatives. We know it's not easy to allow a stranger into your loved one's home, but with our diligent screening process, you can always be sure our caregivers are great people. We treat each senior like a member of our own family, providing care, companionship, and whatever support they need to live safely at home.
We offer our services throughout:
- East and South San Diego County
- El Cajon
- Rancho San Diego
- East San Diego County
- South San Diego County
- and the surrounding areas
To learn more about our private home care in East and South San Diego County, call Visiting Angels El Cajon and ask us about your free initial care consultation today.