Home Care in Huntington
Worried about a family member’s day-to-day safety and comfort? At Visiting Angels® Fort Wayne, we provide compassionate home care in Huntington and the surrounding areas. With our support, you can help your aging parents or family members age in place and on their own terms.
Nothing matters more than making sure a loved one gets the help they need. For years, we’ve offered our personalized home care services for seniors in Huntington, Fort Wayne, Columbia City, and across Northeast Indiana.
Our home care professionals are compassionate and committed to their work. As part of our recruitment process, they’ve also been thoroughly vetted by participating in background checks and a thorough interview process.
About Our Home Care in Huntington
Adapting to care can be difficult for everyone in the family, but once you have, it can be life-changing. At Visiting Angels Fort Wayne, we’ve seen firsthand how much relief the right kind of home care can bring for seniors and their families in the Huntington area.
Our caregivers are available 24/7 and can offer a wide range of care services to help your loved one thrive in their own home. This assistance includes:
- Bathing and dressing help
- Walking support
- Medication prompts
- Cooking and buying groceries
- Running various errands
- Providing uplifting companionship
- Helping with basic housework
What to Expect from Our Home Care Process in Huntington
Over the years, we’ve earned the trust of families across the Huntington area with our comprehensive home care services and our passionate caregivers. We know how daunting it can be to reach out to strangers for support — or even to admit that your family needs it.
To put your family at ease and ensure your loved one receives the best possible support, we’ll guide you through these steps:
- The initial contact — Simply call Visiting Angels Fort Wayne at (260) 482-2273 to talk about your situation, express your concerns, ask about our services, and discuss possible costs.
- A more in-depth conversation — We can arrange a no-cost consultation with your loved one and the family members who play a role in their care. At this meeting, a care professional will assess your loved one’s abilities, preferences, routine, and support system to better understand what care they need.
- Building a custom plan — Working with your family, our care professionals will outline the specific support needed to help your loved one thrive. Our care is available 24/7, so we can be there for your family at any time. We can also adapt our services once our care begins.
- Choosing the right caregiver — Once we know what forms of support your family will benefit from most, we’ll introduce you to the care professional whose personality and skills seem like the best fit.
Our Companion Care
Do you often worry that your loved one is lonely, especially between your visits? Social isolation can affect your relative’s well-being and have a negative impact on their health down the line. Companion care provides engaging companionship to help keep your loved one’s spirits up.
Our Respite Care
When you devote so much of your time and energy to your loved one’s care, it’s easy to miss the signs that you’re stretched too thin. You may even feel like you simply don’t have the option to look after your own needs.
Our home care professionals in Huntington understand what a toll caregiving can take, especially as you juggle all your other responsibilities. We offer temporary coverage for family caregivers, so you can take a break for an hour, an evening, or however long you need.
Our Personal Care Services
It's common for older adults to struggle with routine tasks that were once second nature. We offer personal care to help things run seamlessly at home. Depending on your loved one's abilities, needs, and routine, our caregivers can help in the following ways:
- Getting groceries and preparing their meals
- Assisting with bathing, toileting, and getting dressed
- Reminding them to take any prescriptions
- Doing light tidying and running errands
- Assisting with walking and transferring when needed
Our Dementia and Alzheimer’s Support
Your family can continue to enjoy the comfort and familiarity of home as our caregivers assist with the following:
- Reminders for medications and transport to appointments
- Healthy meals prepared and served on a regular basis
- A set routine and the comforting presence of a known caregiver
- Ongoing monitoring and updates on any changes in their condition
Our Care Options for Serious Medical Issues and the End of Life Transition
At Visiting Angels Fort Wayne. We’re here to lift your family up as you face your hardest moments.
Palliative care is a holistic service available to anyone with a serious condition. We focus on physical, social, spiritual, and mental well-being to provide comfort throughout your loved one’s treatment.
Our end of life care is for individuals nearing their end of life transition. Our warm, reassuring caregivers can make your loved one as comfortable as possible while helping your family with whatever tasks you need.
Our Fall Prevention Program
For older adults who are living happily and independently at home, a fall is one of the most worrying prospects. Every year, roughly one in four older adults fall. Falls are the number one cause of hip fractures and traumatic brain injuries. They can also make seniors feel much more anxious, which only increases the risk for a fall.
To help your loved one live comfortably for as long as possible, we offer our Safe & Steady Fall Prevention Program. Based on your loved one’s condition and their living space, we can identify risk factors and recommend changes to their home or their care plan.
Our Hospital Transition Support
Being hospitalized is always an unsettling experience. Unfortunately, all too many older adults end up readmitted within a month due to the stress of the initial stay, uncertainty about discharge instructions, a lack of follow-up care, and other issues.
Our Ready-Set-Go Home program is designed to reduce the risk of hospital readmission. We can help your family get the answers you need when your loved one is still in the hospital, assist with at-home care, and make sure any possible complications are handled quickly.
Our Social Care
Social media and other platforms have made it easier than ever to keep up with the people we care about. If your elderly loved one is wary of video chat and other technology, we can help them feel more comfortable with these tools as part of our social care service.
Get Started with Home Care in Huntington Today
Find out how transformative our home care in Huntington can be. Call Visiting Angels Fort Wayne at (260) 482-2273 to schedule a consultation at no cost.
Serving the Fort Wayne Area in Northeastern Indiana
Visiting Angels FT. WAYNE, INDIANA5811 Covington Rd
Ft Wayne, IN 46804