How Transitional Care in San Dimas Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
If you've ever had to stay in a hospital for treatment, you know just what a relief it is to finally return to your own home. Unfortunately, this relief doesn't always last long. Roughly one in five Medicare patients are readmitted to the hospital within 30 days of being discharged, according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS). At Visiting Angels® Glendora, we offer transitional care to help seniors in San Dimas, Monrovia, La Verne, Duarte, and Covina recuperate safely at home after a hospital stay, so they can remain in the environment where they feel most at ease.
What Causes Hospital Readmissions in San Dimas?
In order to provide the best transitional care, we need to know why readmission rates are so high among seniors in the San Dimas area and beyond. Common factors in readmission include:
- Problems with medication such as missing doses or taking the wrong amount
- Struggling with managing an illness or disease from home
- Feeling exhausted due to an irregular sleeping or eating schedule during a hospital stay
- Limited or no follow-through with instructions given at time of discharge, including medical instructions
- Missing out on timely follow-up after medical appointments
How Transitional Care from Visiting Angels Glendora Can Help
At Visiting Angels Glendora, we tailor our transitional care to provide better outcomes for seniors in the San Dimas area. We achieve this through our three-prong approach:
- In the hospital - To ensure the success of our transitional care, we can visit our clients in San Dimas while they're still in the hospital if requested. We'll meet with you one-on-one to create your customized care plan to ensure you follow your doctor's orders.
- At your home - Once you or someone you love has transitioned home, our caregivers not only assist with your care but can also monitor behaviors or changes in conditions that could lead to readmission.
- At our office - As we track your progress, our staff will look for ways to further reduce the risk of readmission. We support your discharge plan through our innovative, care management portal which gives you access to real-time updates and allows you to share updates with healthcare professionals.
If you or a family member is about to be discharged from the hospital, call Visiting Angels Glendora today to learn more about our transitional care services in San Dimas and the surrounding communities.
Serving Glendora and Surrounding Communities
Visiting Angels GLENDORA, CALIFORNIA131 E Foothill Blvd
Glendora, CA 91741
HCO # 194700609