Are you concerned about the safety of your loved one at night? Overnight care is a popular option for the clients we serve in Indianapolis and the surrounding communities. Providing your loved one with an overnight caregiver is a solution that fills gaps in care. Overnight caregivers can help improve sleeping patterns, provide respite care for a family caregiver, reduce the risk of falls and calm anxiety. It’s natural to worry about your loved one at night, and an overnight caregiver will maximize comfort.
Clients we serve select overnight care for the following reasons:
- Sundowning – A symptom of Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia which creates increased confusion, agitation, anxiety and frustration. Sundowning symptoms typically get worse at night and improve in the morning.
- Frequent falls – Falls are a leading cause of injury and fatalities in adults 65 and older. Caregivers assisting your loved one with walking and transfers during night awakenings will reduce the risk of falls.
- Sleepless spouse – Elderly spouses providing care for their loved one at night need sleep. Caregivers will take over the night care duties allowing the spouse to sleep comfortably.
- Nocturia – Condition that causes frequent urination at night due to medical conditions that include congestive heart failure, sleeping disorders and diabetes. Caregivers will ensure your loved one’s needs are met during awakenings.
- Hospice care – Families providing care for their loved one in hospice need rest. Caregivers provide respite care, so family caregivers have an opportunity to sleep.
Overnight caregivers will also tend to the traditional night and morning routine that may include meal preparation, assistance with showering, assistance with dressing, and light house cleaning. For more information on how helpful overnight caregivers can be call 317-284-6867. We strive to provide compassionate care, superior customer service and a professional experience.