How Transitional Care in Cumming Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Visiting Angels® Lake Lanier GA is pleased to offer Ready-Set-Go-Home care, commonly known as transitional care, to elderly and disabled adults throughout Cumming, Gainesville, Dawsonville, Braselton, and the surrounding communities. Many seniors are at risk of being admitted to the hospital within the first 30 days after discharge from an inpatient stay. Our agency helps care for seniors and disabled adults once they return home, so they can continue their recovery and avoid the expense of hospital readmission.
Common Causes of Hospital Readmissions
When a loved one is admitted to the hospital, whether it be due to illness, injury, surgery, or other cause, the focus is usually on returning home as quickly as possible. To help your loved one have a successful recovery, you must first consider the common causes of hospital readmissions. The transitional care professionals from Visiting Angels Lake Lanier have familiarized themselves with the most common reasons why seniors get readmitted to the hospital in Cumming. Some of these include:
- Trouble sticking to a physician prescribed meal plan
- Inability to follow the discharge instructions of the hospital staff
- Missed medication doses or failure to follow dosing instructions
- Falls due to limited mobility or the effects of medication
- Exhaustion from disturbed meal and sleep schedules while inpatient
- Failure to make follow-up appointments or missed therapies
- Difficulty acclimating to a new diagnosis at home
How Transitional Care in Cumming Helps
Transitional care from Visiting Angels Lake Lanier is able to help seniors in Cumming in a variety of ways. Our method of transitional care involves a three-prong approach.
- Care coordinators from Visiting Angels Lake Lanier can visit your loved one while they are in the hospital to speak with the discharge planner and coordinate care. We are also happy to provide your loved one with a free copy of our discharge planning guide so they can keep track of follow-up appointments, medication and doses, and dietary needs.
- Upon your loved one's return back home, their transitional care provider from our local agency in Cumming can assist with non-medical activities of everyday living such as preparing meals, providing medication reminders, assisting with mobility, helping with bathing and dressing, and other tasks as needed.
- At the Visiting Angels Lake Lanier office, our transitional care coordinator can help plan for food, equipment, and medication deliveries in your loved one's home in Cumming.
Contact Visiting Angels Lake Lanier today to hear more about our transitional care services in Cumming.
Serving Gainesville and Communities in Hall, Forsyth, Dawson & Lumpkin Counties, GA
Visiting Angels LAKE LANIER, GA135 Prominence Ct #120
Dawsonville, GA 30534