Dementia Care in Morris County
Tips for Caring for Your Loved One
Providing dementia care for a loved one can be a long and overwhelming journey filled with intense emotions. As your loved one's abilities diminish over time, they can become confused and have difficulty communicating. They'll need help to continue living safely in their Morris County area home. As a caregiver, it's easy to become disheartened and neglect your own health and happiness.
However, some strategies can make the journey as rewarding as it is challenging. Start with these tips:
- Use short sentences and simple words. Dementia can affect your loved one's ability to find the right words or follow a conversation. Instead of open-ended questions, phrase questions for a yes or no response or give options. For example, instead of “would you like something to drink?”, ask “would you like a glass of water?” or “would you like water or coffee?”.
- Consider alternative therapies. There is no cure for dementia. However, many alternative treatments can supplement physician care, including acupuncture, massage, Reiki bodywork, and chiropractic adjustments.
- Practice self-care. Caring for a loved one with dementia can be emotionally and physically exhausting. If you feel stressed and overwhelmed, dementia care from a qualified home care agency, such as Visiting Angels® Morris and Somerset County, can make all the difference.
How Our Dementia Care Services Help Seniors in Morris County
Visiting Angels Morris and Somerset County is a locally owned and operated home care agency fully accredited by the state of New Jersey. Our dementia care services can help improve and maintain your loved one's quality of life as they age in place. Just a few of the ways we can assist include:
- Medication and fluid reminders
- Comforting companionship
- Transportation throughout Morris County
- Help with self-care
- Mobility assistance
- Wandering prevention
- Meal planning and preparation
- Hourly respite care
Getting Started with Visiting Angels Morris and Somerset County
Call us today to schedule an in-home consultation. A registered nurse from our staff will visit to learn about your loved one's care needs and challenges. They'll explain how our services can help and design a customized care plan unique to your loved one's needs and schedule.
Dementia care from Visiting Angels Morris and Somerset County is available to seniors in Morris County, Bridgewater, Morristown, Madison, Chatham, Pompton Plains, and East Hanover. We're also just a short drive from our clients in Mendham, Basking Ridge, Warren, Far Hills, Somerville, and the surrounding areas.
To learn more about dementia care in Morris County, call Visiting Angels Morris and Somerset County today and schedule an in-home consultation.
Serving Morris, Somerset, Warren & Hunterdon Counties, NJ.
Visiting Angels MORRIS & SOMERSET COUNTIES, NEW JERSEY55 Madison Ave #400
Morristown, NJ 07960