How to Get Started with In-Home Care in Norfolk
Most elderly adults want to live at home, but doing so can be challenging when they are on their own and require day-to-day assistance. With in-home care, individuals can maintain their dignity and autonomy as they go about their normal routines while receiving personalized assistance. At Visiting Angels® Norfolk, NE, our caregivers offer dedicated care to seniors that enables them to enjoy their chosen lifestyle and continue with the activities and daily rituals they've grown accustomed to over the years.
If your family is searching for a professional care solution that suits your loved one's life, we recommend visiting with one of our care coordinators to explore the steps to getting started with care. During a consultation offered free of charge, the care coordinator will help determine the types of services your loved one needs and discuss any questions that your family has about the care process.
Common In-Home Care Topics
The topics listed below are typically discussed during our initial consultations:
- The senior's specific physical care needs. We will learn about your loved one's daily struggles to better understand which types of care can help them live safely and comfortably. For example, their caregiver could assist with showering, getting dressed, preparing meals, and overall mobility.
- The senior's needs for social and emotional support. Our services aren't only focused on helping seniors with day-to-day activities. We go above and beyond to prevent the effects of senior isolation and help ensure they don't feel alone as they grow older.
- Your family's scheduling needs. We will discuss a specialized plan of visits tailored to your loved one's care requirements as well as your family's schedule.
- Help with homemaking and related tasks around the house. Age-related issues can make it difficult for seniors to maintain a comfortable living environment. Our caregivers can provide assistance by taking care of light chores and running basic errands.
- The logistics of the care process. We will cover other details about the home care process, from required documentation to setting up home access and maintaining communication with our office.
If you choose to continue with care following your initial consultation, we can finalize the proposed plan and match your loved one with an outstanding caregiver in the Norfolk area.
Just give Visiting Angels Norfolk, NE a call today to set up an in-home care consultation free of charge in Norfolk, Columbus, Fremont, Schuyler, Wayne, or a nearby community.
Serving Norfolk, Columbus, Fremont and Surrounding Communities
Visiting Angels NORFOLK, NE2108 Taylor Avenue #200
Norfolk, NE 68701