How Transitional Care in Pace Reduces Hospital ReadmissionsHow Transitional Care in Pace Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Whether your loved one's stay at the hospital has been relatively brief or quite long, chances are they won't feel completely like themselves after their discharge. They may need some time to get back into the swing of things and a helping hand to avoid potential complications. Rather than hoping your loved one can fend for themselves at such a vulnerable stage of their recovery, ensure they have high-quality support by hiring a transitional care provider. The transitional care services from Visiting Angels® Pace make up a comprehensive program called Ready-Set-Go Home that helps prevent the cycle of hospital discharge and readmission.
Our senior care agency is owned and operated by local individuals who are truly invested in promoting seniors' quality of life. We have seen time and again the difference that transitional care can make in seniors' ability to recover after a hospital stay and continue on their journey of aging in place. If you want to make certain your loved one has well-rounded support at home as they recover, you can count on our caregivers to be there for them every step of the way.
What Causes Readmissions?
Did you know that only about 80% of Medicare beneficiaries stay out of the hospital for the first month following their initial discharge? The other 20% are readmitted in 30 or fewer days. The high rate of readmission among elderly adults comes down to several factors, one of them being a lack of high-quality support. While your loved one may have formerly had ample energy, strength, and coordination, this may change during the period immediately after their discharge. Although they may believe they are capable of caring for themselves, without assistance at home they could fail to implement their doctors' orders or manage their well-being in a way that ensures they avoid complications.
How Our Transitional Care Program Helps Seniors in Pace
With Ready-Set-Go Home, you can have total confidence your loved one is equipped to face the initial stage of recovery. We begin assisting care recipients before they are even discharged from the hospital, laying a solid foundation for recovery and helping set expectations along the way. Then, after the senior has finally made it home, we give them the personalized support they require to follow their doctors' instructions to the letter.
Set up transitional care for your loved one today! Just reach out to Visiting Angels Pace for a free consultation in Pace, Bagdad, Baker, Crestview, Holt, Jay, Milton, Pensacola, or a nearby community.
Serving Pensacola, Pace, Milton, Crestview and Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels PACE, FL4503 Woodbine Rd
Pace, FL 32571