Companion Care in Longwood
Helping Seniors When They Are Lonely
If you’re worried about the emotional well-being of an aging loved one and considering how companion care in Longwood might be of benefit, Visiting Angels® Sanford would like to help.
Statistics show that at least one third of seniors report experiencing some level of loneliness and/or isolation. As families grow and change, adult children and other loved ones may relocate to other parts of the country or even the world. Eventually, as we age, our peers and close friends begin to pass away. Naturally, the weight of all this loss and the reality that many people are now in fact, gone, can cause depression, anxiety, and a sense of profound loneliness.
Tips For Combating Senior Loneliness
Fortunately, there are steps you can take to counteract the effects of senior loneliness:
- Fight social isolation with a program of social contact. Coordinate with friends and family to be sure someone is checking in (by phone or in person) with your loved one a few times a week. Also, make sure these interactions allow an opportunity for meaningful conversation and attention.
- Look for opportunities to seek out your loved one’s opinion or advice on something having to do with their former line of work or an old hobby. Feeling useful and relevant goes a long way to combating depression and loneliness.
- If possible, try to get your loved one to participate in an old or new hobby.
- Pets have been shown to provide companionship to seniors comparable in some cases to a human. Having to care for and receiving affection from another living being is incredibly rewarding. If your loved one is capable and willing, consider getting them a small pet.
- Consider companion care for your Longwood area loved one. Sometimes you just can’t be there enough, no matter how badly you want to. Companion care services provide your loved one with the one-on-one, undivided attention they deserve, on a schedule that works for you. At Visiting Angels Sanford we have an established network of the Longwood area’s best caregivers.
Longwood Companion Care Service Referral Area
We’re ready to match your loved one with a qualified companion care professional in the following local communities:
- Winter Springs
- Orange City
- Altamonte Springs
- Forest City
- Wekiva Springs
- And the surrounding area
To learn more or to schedule an appointment for a free assessment for companion care referral for your Longwood loved one, please contact Visiting Angels Sanford today.
Serving Seminole County, FL and Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels SANFORD, FLORIDA613 East 1st St
Sanford, FL 32771