Transitional Care in Sugar Land Helps Avoid Hospital Readmissions
At Visiting Angels® Sugar Land, we understand that no one wants to stay in the hospital longer than they need to. If your loved one in the Sugar Land, TX area has recently been discharged from a medical facility, our transitional care services will make sure they have everything they need to reduce the risk of being readmitted. We are committed to helping seniors stay at home where they are most comfortable by offering a wide range of resources and services tailored to their exact needs.
What Causes Hospital Readmission
As each case is different, the reasons why a senior might be readmitted to a hospital vary widely. According to Visiting Angels Sugar Land, some of the main reasons include:
- Exhaustion due to disrupted eating and sleeping patterns at the hospital
- Inability to manage the illness or disease at home
- Not following up with discharge instructions
- Not taking the proper medication, or not taking the right dose at the right time
- Missing follow-up appointments
How Transitional Care Helps Seniors in Sugar Land
At Visiting Angels Sugar Land, our transitional care services take a three-prong approach to helping our clients recover from a hospital visit at home. This approach includes:
- In-Hospital Care. When we learn that one of our clients has been hospitalized, we visit him or her on request. During this visit, we provide a copy of our "Ready - Set - Go Home" discharge planning guide. This guide helps our clients know what questions to ask medical providers about issues related to readmission, including medication instructions, dates and times of follow-up appointments, dietary needs, and symptoms to report.
- At-Home Care. Our caregivers at Visiting Angels Sugar Land act as the "eyes and ears" in the home when providing transitional care services to seniors. Not only do we provide a wide range of non-medical services, including mobility assistance, bathing and dressing help, and assistance running errands, we can also provide insight into your loved one's daily life and risks of hospital readmission.
- Care Through Our Office. Behind the scenes, our transitional care services at Visiting Angels Sugar Land assist seniors by providing medication and appointment reminders, arranging food and medication delivery, and accompanying our clients to medical appointments.
Our transitional care services help seniors in Sugar Land, Missouri City, Katy, Houston, Richmond, and throughout the surrounding areas. Contact Visiting Angels Sugar Land today to set up a no-cost care consultation for your loved one.
Serving Communities: Booth, Clodine, Houston, Katy, Park Row, Richmond, Rosenberg, Sienna Plantation, Sugar Land, TX
Visiting Angels SUGARLAND, TX19901 SW Freeway Suite 104
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Phone: 281 207-1259