In Home Care in Corvallis
Age in Place with These Home Upgrades
Since the coronavirus pandemic began, aging at home has continued to become increasingly popular. However, older adults are at higher risk for falls and injuries, especially at home. If your senior parents are among the many choosing to skip assisted living and live at home in Corvallis, OR, you may be worried about their ongoing safety and comfort. At Visiting Angels® Albany OR, we suggest introducing in home care and making a few budget-friendly home modifications.
Here are three easy ways to improve accessibility and safety throughout the home:
- Install a handheld shower head. Showering with a handheld shower head makes it easier and more accessible for anyone. If possible, opt for a handheld with adjustable height for use while sitting or standing.
- Add lighting. Nightlights, motion sensor lights, and task lighting can make the home easier to navigate. Rocker-type light switches are easier to use than toggle-style switches and are an inexpensive upgrade.
- Rethink kitchen storage. The kitchen is one of the most heavily used rooms in the house, so why not make it as functional as possible? Install pull-out storage for easier access to pots and pans, add extra shelves to upper cabinets, and store everyday items between shoulder and hip height to minimize the need for a step stool.
About In Home Care from Visiting Angels Albany OR
At Visiting Angels Albany OR, we offer a wide range of essential services, caregivers available 24/7 to accommodate any schedule, and customized care plans.
With customized care, your loved one will have the support they need without paying for “extras” they wouldn’t use. Equally important, services can be added or removed, or scheduling adjusted, with a phone call to our office.
Some of our most frequently requested services include:
- Help with mobility and balance
- Specialized memory care
- Comforting companionship
- Transportation to activities, shopping, and appointments
- Medication and fluid reminders
- Help with self-care
- Temporary transitional care
- Respite care for family caregivers
- Wandering prevention
Professional In Home Care You Can Trust in Corvallis
For professional in home care with a personal touch, look no further than Visiting Angels Albany OR. Locally owned and operated, we’re proud to be the trusted choice in home care for seniors in Corvallis, Albany, Salem, OR, Marion County, Linn County, Polk County, Benton County, and the surrounding areas.
We offer free consultations and will work with you and your loved one to design a care plan that fits your needs and budget. We’ll also Select Your Caregiver® based on your loved one’s care needs, schedule, personality, and preferences.
Ready to learn more about in home care in Corvallis? Call Visiting Angels Albany OR today to schedule a free consultation.
Serving the Marion-Polk and Linn-Benton Counties,OR
Visiting Angels ALBANY, OREGON250 Broadalbin Street SW Suite 250
Albany, OR 97321