How Transitional Care in Atlanta-Buckhead Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
When a parent or loved one is admitted to the hospital your focus is often on getting them home and recovered as quickly as possible. What many families don't realize is that as many as 1 in 5 seniors are readmitted to the hospital within the first month after discharge. Inability to follow discharge instructions, for a variety of reasons, is a frequent cause of hospital readmission. Return visits to the hospital are not only disheartening, they can be costly. Transitional care from Visiting Angels® Atlanta-Buckhead GA can help your loved one avoid the expense and frustration of hospital readmissions.
Common Causes of Hospital Readmission
As mentioned above, there are many reasons why seniors may be forced to make return visits to the hospital after being discharged. As an experienced provider of transitional care, Visiting Angels Atlanta-Buckhead has become familiar with many of the reasons why elderly adults end up back in the hospital. Some of these include:
- Forgetting to take medications or taking them improperly
- Exhaustion resulting from disrupted sleep and eating schedules in the hospital
- Limited mobility and increased risk of falling
- Missing follow-up appointments or therapies
- Not following discharge instructions
- Inability to follow a physician prescribed meal plan
- Trouble managing a new diagnosis at home
Services may be customized to meet the needs of the individual.
How Transitional Care from Visiting Angels Atlanta-Buckhead Helps
Transitional care from Visiting Angels Atlanta-Buckhead can help your loved one in several ways. Our agency uses a three prong approach to help your loved one with a successful recovery.
- Our transitional care from Visiting Angels Atlanta begins while your loved one is still in the hospital. Our knowledgeable care coordinator can visit your loved one and provide them with a discharge planning guide so they can keep track of follow-up appointments, medications and doses, as well as special dietary needs. We can also speak with the hospital's discharge planner to make sure we are on the right track.
- When your loved one returns home, transitional care professionals from Visiting Angels Atlanta can help with non-medical tasks, such as the activities of daily living. We frequently help seniors by providing walking assistance, meal preparation, running errands, medication reminders, bathing and dressing aid, and much more.
- Behind the scenes at our Visiting Angels Atlanta-Buckhead office, transitional care coordinators can help plan delivery of food, medications, and equipment for your loved one.
To learn more about our transitional care services, call Visiting Angels Atlanta-Buckhead today.
Serving Atlanta, Buckhead, Decatur, Vinings, GA and the Surrounding Communities
Visiting Angels Atlanta East, Georgia309 E Paces Ferry Rd NE #400
Atlanta, GA 30305
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.